Displaying the approaching spring in school

Hi,
I am just sort of preparing work for the coming months, and would like to show the children the changes that happen during the spring. I realize that WD can show so many graphs showing changes and variations etc - but could someone suggest the best way to show young children the changes. Usually we use WDL graphs - as they are very easy to explain and the children can easily follow, but unfortunately 31 days is the maximum span for most data. By it nature I suppose, WD is a bit more academic, but I would like them to see the changes in temperature etc over the next few months in as clear a way as possible.
Thanks very much

MySQL can be used to store the data in a database, but your problem is that you do not have enough data to show. Many of us do use MySQL or the MS database to store data and perhaps could provide some more graphs over a longer time period allowing you to show comparisons. If you have some ideas about what kind of graphs you are looking for then post it here and people can look to see if they can help.

Stuart

Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I haven’t the faintest idea about MySQL. The data I was hoping to show was the data over the next few months from say February to May - so that the pupils will appreciate the changes that happen in the weather during spring. I intend to show the graphs every few weeks to see what is happening, but basically the important one will be the one which shows, for example, the gradual increase in average temperature

You could try importing the data into Excel (or another spreadsheet program) and creating a graph from that.

What about having them manually graph the conditions? Pick a few sites and have them spend a few minutes collecting the temps for every day at a set time and then transfer those to a graph resulting in more involvement on their part. Too old school???

–Dave

You could also create a custom log file as a comma separated file which you can import into any spreadsheet. You use the existing WD variables in a skeleton file which WD uses to build the log file entries, these can later be imported into a spreadsheet.

Stuart

in WD, view, Graph History
and there you can select a start day and end day (can span different months) and then click on Go