All day video - jpg pic order

Hi Brian

I still have some problems with my timestamp creation of jpg files for all day video.

The order WD produces the jpg timestamp files are not correct - see example:

0844jpgwebcam.jpg
0846jpgwebcam.jpg
0845jpgwebcam.jpg
0847jpgwebcam.jpg
0848jpgwebcam.jpg
0849jpgwebcam.jpg
0851jpgwebcam.jpg
0850jpgwebcam.jpg
0852jpgwebcam.jpg
0854jpgwebcam.jpg
0853jpgwebcam.jpg
0855jpgwebcam.jpg
0857jpgwebcam.jpg
0856jpgwebcam.jpg
0858jpgwebcam.jpg
0900jpgwebcam.jpg
0859jpgwebcam.jpg
0901jpgwebcam.jpg

I have gone through a hole day - and the problem apperars about every 5-10 minutes.

It could look like its about the same times as my WD webpage upload (every 5 minutes)

But its not all day long - sometimes there is 30 minutes without any problems.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Brian

Have other members reported this problem about webcam pics in wrong order?

I wonder if this is Windows thing instead of WD…

When looking at your alldayvideo folder, right click in a blank area of the screen, then click on “arrange icons by” -

What do you have set there?

Here is how mine is set - so that the images/files are set by “name” which puts them in the correct order.

ScreenShot10.gif

Hi Thanks for your reply

Its correct, that I have my jpg files sorted in “Time-order” - i will try and change it to “Name-order” and see how WD creates the all-day video.

is the time on the pc jumping around maybe by 1 minute at a time?
or maybe that when wd is busy doing things, the time used to update the file is 1 minute late at that point?
i think that is what might be happening…so if i get wd to grab the updated actual current minute then that should fix it

Hi Windy

I think you might be right - i could be something about my computer and WD beeing busy

Thanks for your reply and all your valuable help.

Hi again Windy

If you can make a change to the way WD grap the files - it would be very nice if you could make it work with 30 secunds files too.

Cheers and have a nice day

this update should be better:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip
(which has the latest translations in it too) :slight_smile:

( i have not looked into that 30 second from ip camera yet though)

Hi Brian

Thanks - i will test tomorrow - its night time here in Denmark now.

I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Brian

I have now been creating all-day video all day today and i think its running fine. I havent discovered any faults in the wmv file or the jpg webcam files.

Thank you very much.

If possible and without too much trouble - it could be very nice if you could make 30 seconds creation work the same way with 3rd party work…

Cheers

Hi Brian

Im sorry to tell, that the allday wmv file still is not correct.

It still jumps alot - see this link: http://www.buskelundtoften.dk/1/videolastday.wmv

What do you think could be the problem?

i suspect its the 30 second files getting mixed up with the 1 minute files…
i will do some investigating and testing of using 30 second http download option

Hi Brian

Im sorry to ask you - I know you are real busy - but do you think there will be a soloution about the all-day wmv video jumping back and forward ?

Thanks.

This is my last topic before i can say that everything works 100% perfectly in WD…

Hi
if you could zip and email me your settings files (wdisplay.ini and wdisplayftp.reg (after going action,back up registry entry now), i test here

Hi Brian

E-mail sent now.

Thanks

Hi Brian

Dit you test if anything wrong with my settings in WD that causes the all-day wmv file to jump back and forward in time during the day?

Have a nice day

i think i see the problem
in the 3rd party web cam setup
you have set the destination file name, gif file name, as a .jpg file, when it should be a .gif file
as there is a separate entry for the jpg file (which you do have setup as well, good)

actualy, i have found and improved things (change that above too)
the creation of the output file via the 3rd party webcam setup will now sync correctly with the main WD minute timer…it was not before
and use this update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip
build 07
test and confirmed its OK now (I was able to duplicate the problem before)

Hi Brian

Thanks for all your help.

Its morning here now - I will test the new .zip today and let you know how it goes.

Hi again Brian

I have now been running all day with the .zip update.

And there is still some jumping back and forward in time - today about 4-5 times and mostly around 20 minutes past the hour.