StartWatch startup delay doesn't work

Ok, I’m guessing I’m missing a setting somewhere.
I have the following set to start up by SW when windows starts.
Weather Display 1 minute after SW starts
Nexstorm 30 seconds after WD starts
OddCast 30 seconds after Nexstorm starts.

I have in options turned on Run Startwatch when Windows STarts and Auto begin startup sequence when SW runs.
All the delays work except Weather Display, it starts up immediately with SW.

Also, I have selected to Automatically shutdown Startwatch After all programs have started.
But SW instead gives me a dialogue box that asks “Close the applications started by SW before Closing” And start watch never closes.
Windows XP Pro.

Am I missing something?
Thank you!

Did you have WD set to start with windows before installing startwatch? If so are you sure that it is no longer set to start with windows?

Nope, I’ve been starting WD manually for sometime now.
Just for fun, I’ll put something else first and see what happens.
Thanks.

download
http://temp.softwx.com/StartWatch.exe

and put it in your StartWatch folder. Let me know if that doesn’t fix the problem. This was reported earlier, and is fixed in that version. The fix will also be in the next official release.

Steve

Nope, didn’t change anything.
WD still starts up immediately, and start watch doesn’t close automatically, it pops up the close appliacations started question box.
Thanks!

I’m having a similar problem with the startup delay in StartWatch.

I just installed StartWatch on a second PC and currently have it set to start ImageSalsa and Oddcast two minutes after StartWatch launches. I’m running version 1.0.2. The programs start well before that time, like the time code is being ignored.

My settings:
Run when windows starts: checked
Automatically begin startup sequence: checked
Automatically close after sequence finishes: NOT checked

Kevin

Ok, I’m an idiot #-o I didn’t copy the new file correctly somehow. I did it again, and that cured the delayed startup problem…but I still get the dialogue box instead of SW shutting down.
Thanks!

Loony,
Sorry, I missed your initial comment about StartWatch not exiting after programs have started. I will look into that.

Kray,
Did you try the exe whose link I gave a few posts back? That version should fix that problem.

Steve
SoftWx

Thanks Steve :slight_smile:

Hi Steve,
The new .exe does seem to work, thanks.

Kevin

Any luck with this Steve? Thanks!

I’m out of step with this thread and am not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you did try that exe and it didn’t solve the problem?

I’ve PM’d you with the location of a beta version that I think will solve the auto exit problem. Let me know if that helps.
Steve

I’ll report back.
Thank you Steve.

Steve, that solved the auto exit issue.
Thank you.