Spike in 1-wire barometer: how do I remove one data point?

I get anomalous data points once in a while from my 1-wire barometer. Is there any way to manually remove just one data point from the data files so that the barometer graph stays on scale?

:?

Geewizard

yes
try the
action, correct graph…
and select the area, then tick barometer correction
what ver sof wd and what baro type…aag?
i have put in a out of range test in a new 9.79

yes
try the
action, correct graph…
and select the area, then tick barometer correction
what ver sof wd and what baro type…aag?
i have put in a out of range test in a new 9.79

Brian, I tried: action, correct graph, select area surrounding the one data point, clicked barometer, and tried to correct it. The one data point keeps coming back.

I’m using WD 9.79 of 25May and the AAG barometer.

if you dont have 12 hour graph, but instead have 24 , 48 or 72 hour graph showing on the main screen, then you will need to use correct graph history in the graph setup
but also make sure you click on save
zip and email me your latest.inf file from the folder datafiles

The “bad” data point keeps coming back even when I use the correct graph history to correct the last 24 hours. It’s odd but the bad data point only shows up every other time the barometer is read. And then the barometer scale responds accordingly. I also can neither lower or raise the barometer scale.

I’ve emailed you the latest.inf file.

thanks for the help, Brian.

Bob

the graph plots every other data point
odd minute shows 1 half of the data points, even minute shows the other half
i am doing some testing now

the graph plots every other data point odd minute shows 1 half of the data points, even minute shows the other half i am doing some testing now

Thanks a bunch, Brian! The new version (7june) is much appreciated.

Bob

yeah, i have added a aag baro spike check
let me know if that solves it

:frowning:

Brian, version 9.79c causes my AAG barometer to flat-line. I reverted to 9.79a or b and it works ok. I think the spike check might not be working correctly. I just downloaded 9.79d and I’ll let you know if it causes the baro to flat-line also.

it most likely will be the spike check
i.e it rejects good data after bad data…or something like that…
does the flat lining occur after it was ok, or right away?

:frowning:

Brian, version 9.79d also makes the baro flat-line.

does it do it straight away, or sometime after starting?

right away upon startup every time.

You can see the flat-line at http://apsn.awcable.com/weatherstation.htm.
Notice the downward shift at about 1900 local. That’s a restart with 9.79d.
I just reverted back to 9.79a at about 2030 local.

i see whats wrong now, i didnt allow for a barometer offset that might have been in use
uploading a fix now

hi
grab a new 9.79d now, and it should be OK :slight_smile:

I think you nailed it, Brian. I’ll let the new 9.79d run for a while and see. Problem is we have a high pressure stalled over us and I’m not getting much change! Nice Wx, though.

Brian, I think the new version is also causing the AAG baro to flat-line. I see variations in the baro readings (on the 1-wire setup page) from 983.4 to 978.4 hpa while the main page graph is steady at 30.129 inches during the same time period.

hi
please download a new 9.79d, and let me know
thanks
(been spitting fire wood today)