Current Conditions/ajaxcurrentcond tag

I have been trying to configure the “Current Conditions” piece in wxlocal.php to only show the weather icon and the sky condition, i.e. cloudy, sunny, etc. only. I do not want it to show the cloud height because the airport is 23 miles from my location. I am using the following code:

%weathercond%

I have my metar setup as follows:

Under Ftp/Internet Setup/Metar download
Use this metar for local sky/icon conditions…is checked.

Summary images and icons in control panel/main screen icon/forecasticon setup/test scroll I have the “Use the weather station for updating” checked and “show icons on the main screen” checked.

On the “set icon from downloaded airport media” I have “Use downloaded metar to update the icon” but “leave the icon to be updated by your stations weather” and “your stations rain’wind/fog overrides the metar” checked.

First I guess is there a way to show only the icon and the sky condition or have I looked at this so long I am not seeing the obvious. 8O

http://www.dominion-llc.com/test/wd/wx.php

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Version 10.37a build 19

Summary

The only thing that AJAX can access for conditions is what is in clientraw[49], which is the same text that appears in %Currentsolardescription% WD tag. It’s a composite of what you’ve selected in the Solar Setup panel with %weathercond% (Dry, Light Rain, Stopped Raining etc) [if use WD conditions is selected] and the METAR condition (at night) [if selected]. The cloud height is coming from the METAR you’ve selected. So… what you see is just what’s available in the clientraw.

Best regards,
Ken

Ken,

I left out one small detail and it might not change your reply but I do not have the solar option on my Vantage Pro. :oops:

Thanks again,

Rick

One more thing, if you look at the site now and do a refresh before the green flash updates the page you see want I want it to show all the time. The clientraw file is evidently overwriting it. #-o

http://www.dominion-llc.com/test/wd/wx.php

Rick

Yes, your %weatherreport% is ‘overcast’, and your clientraw[49] is ‘Overcast_at_2700_ft’, so the AJAX update does overwrite it.

It’s something for Brian to address.

Best regards,
Ken

For some reason it has started working, except for the correct icon. Maybe talking about it helped.

As always thanks Ken for your input.

Rick

No, I stand corrected, it was just teasing me. It’s back to the weatherreport at xxxxft.

Ole well will try another day.

Thanks again,

Rick

I wish I could get my current conditions icon to work. The only way I could fix it is to go back to 10.36x build 09. Anything after that it always shows sunny day icon. I have a thread in the bug tracker about it http://wxd.weather-watch.com/mantis/view.php?id=299.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for your reply. At least there is another one out there experiencing these problems. Sometimes it works great and then an hour or so later it’s broke again. As much as I like the new templates and all the neat toys I think I am going to have to go back to my old page, where everything worked and stayed static.

Best of luck,

Rick

let me know exactly or as descriptive as possible what i need to change or add to wd (i.e new option for what is stored in the clientraw.txt)
rather than giving up

Brian,

I don’t if you have looked at my thread in the bug tracker concerning my current condition icon. I have been dealing with this for over two months but I have not had time to try and see what the problem is. I am not at home due to retiring from the military and my new job has taken me away from my home. I probably will not be home until at least this Sunday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My internet access is limited due to the fact I use a public computer in a hotel.

Thanks,
Chuck

Brian,

I’m not sure I know. I don’t have any more information than what’s in this thread. All of my metar settings are at the beginning of the thread, which I have cut and pasted below. What I would like is the correct icon to match the weather report tag without the cloudheight. My clientraw.txt is currently showing clear skies with a cloudy night icon. The same is showing on WDLive. An hour from now it might show clear skies at 20,000 feet. I have seen this happen at times on other sites like Firewall’s http://www.branfordfire.com/weather/wx.php. My VP Pro does not have the solar option. Below is my rant at the beginning of the thread.

Link to test page is http://www.dominion-llc.com/weather/wxcam.php

I appreciate your offer of assistance,

Rick

Current Conditions/ajaxcurrentcond tag

andro700, i had not seen that mantis report

so, what was the %weathercond% used to be like…and what would you like it sto be like still?
(Or the solar description tag changed to (or option added to have it changed to)

kewee, the "%weatherreport%, if set to use detailed conditions from a metar, will also include the cloud height
in the metar download, there are options there that will have it not show all that extra info…
untick, use decoded…try that…
also post here the actual raw metar downloaded to be used…and also zip and email me that and your settings files

Mine has to do with the current icon. With the build I have now I can use either one weathercond or currentsolardescription and it will still show the sunny icon no matter what. I hope that answers your question Brian.

Thanks,
Chuck

Brian,

Here is the raw metar data:

Richmond, Richmond International Airport, VA, United States (KRIC) 37-30-40N 077-19-24W 50M
Feb 15, 2007 - 10:54 AM EST / 2007.02.15 1554 UTC
Wind: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly cloudy
Temperature: 28.9 F (-1.7 C)
Windchill: 21 F (-6 C):1
Dew Point: 5.0 F (-15.0 C)
Relative Humidity: 35%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.05 in. Hg (1017 hPa)
ob: KRIC 151554Z 34008KT 10SM BKN250 M02/M15 A3005 RMK AO2 SLP182 T10171150
cycle: 16

Where is the settings file located?

Rick

Rick, there is a FAQ on how to get the settings files to me
andro, where is the sunny icon you are refering to exactly?
the more info you can provide, the better, thanks

Brian, I fear a lot of this was cause by my request last October ( http://wxd.weather-watch.com/mantis/view.php?id=134 ) to ask for Metar conditions at night for Solar-enabled stations. At that time (with WD 10.36e ), there were several areas that contained info:

%weathercond% =“Dry|Light Rain|Heavy Rain|Stopped Raining … etc”
%Currentsolardescription% = “Sunny|Partly Cloudy|Mostly Cloudy|Overcast … etc”
%weatherreport% = “partly cloudy|overcast … etc” from the METAR

and clientraw[49] = “Sunny\Dry”;

What I’d like is for %Currentsolardescription% to NOT contain %weathercond% contents, and for %Currentsolardescription% to have the Metar cloud description for night-time and the Solar sensor description for day-time.

Then clientraw[49] could always be the same contents as %weathercond%%Currentsolardescription%

Best regards,
Ken

Brian,

Email sent with the info you have requested.

Ken,

Thanks for your input…

Rick

What I'd like is for %Currentsolardescription% to NOT contain %weathercond% contents, and for %Currentsolardescription% to have the Metar cloud description for night-time and the Solar sensor description for day-time.

OK, done, with this update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip
10.37a build 29
see if that helps

I am wondering if this is going to fix my issue with the current icon? From the looks of it I don’t think it will. Like I said earlier I will not be home until Sunday to see if build 29 will fix the issue or not. Just have to wait and see then.

Thanks,
Chuck