Wind direction display error between 360 and 080 degrees.

Just noticed that WDL is displaying wind direction 10 degrees less so I ran a test of compass points and this is the result:

WD shows WDL shows

360 1
009 9
018 18
024 20
035 29
046 38
053 43
062 50
064 52
067 55
071 57
074 60
077 63
080 80
090 90
104 104
134 134
150 150
179 179
211 211
244 244
269 269
298 298
313 313
333 333
346 346
355 355

I did check with the parser and the field 003 always shows the information as displayed in WD.
I also extract this data from clientraw.txt in a page using AJAX and that displays correctly.
p.s. Sensor unit is in my office whilst testing and configuring the software so it is easy to set direction and blow into the wind cups.

I’ve just tried this by manually entering figures into a static clientraw.txt file but could not reproduce your findings. In fact it’s difficult to understand how you could be seeing that happen unless your WDL is reading previously cached data. 360 will indicate as 1, which is by design, but every other value, for me, is exactly as sent.

Julian

I have spent all day testing, I even downloaded the issue file and installed it again today. I feel that I have reached the limit of my ability.
I have arranged a set of test files with 057 for the wind speed in field 003. It is available here http://www.g4ddm.co.uk/wdl/ (1.47Mb), please test it.

It would really help answering this (and your other questions) if you could post a link to the actual page in question.

there was another thread on this, re the 10 minute average…and i replied to that, that i discovered i was only using 16 point data for that average (fixed now in the latest .zip update)
but this is another thread just on the current direction in the clientraw file, yes?
(is the data in the clientraw file matching wd in this case?)

This seems to be happening when you put a 0 before a 2 digit compass direction ie 043 rather than 43. There’s a bit of internal Flash code that checks the direction is an integer and will convert a number like 043 to 35 #-o no I’ve no idea why!

Anyway I don’t think this is a problem because a quick look at several WDL sites clientraw files shows that WD doesn’t put a 0 prefix to less than 3 digit values.

Julian

Niko

The site is under test therefore it is not live, the sensors are in my workshop and I manually move the weather vane or blow on the wind cups. http://www.bafc.co.uk/wap_sitetest/weather.shtml
I am currently working on the html code not only for this page but the whole site, this problem was noticed whilst testing this page coding.

On the left -
Wind: the first figure is the direction, the second figure is the speed and the third figure is the gusts.
10 minute average: the first figure is the average direction and the second figure is the average speed.

The webcam shows the workshop (an old prefab).

Windy

Yes, it was me about 10 minute average.

clientraw.txt is sending 3 digits ‘057’ and that matches WD. so it is a WDL display problem. I do notice that WDL displays the error wind direction when clientraw.txt has a leading zero in field 003.
It appears I have created a conflict between AJAX and WDL by my requests. SORRY

Softvark

I think the clientraw files you look at were not created by the latest zip build.

oh…it does now, latest .zip version, as that was a request by oldduffer.,…
and so that is the cause of the problem,…
can you get around that in WDL?

Not without everyone having to update their WDL files to a new release.

Julian

SORRY again

Therefore I think the only way forward is to remove the 3 digit from WD so clientraw does not send leading zeros and I will look at the AJAX js file (my file has mods provided by ktrue) as to how to add the leading zero there.

ok, yes, i will remove from WD now in a new .zip…will set uploading now

Yes, you should be able to do the formatting in php. If one of the gurus doesn’t show up I’ll take a look at it in a while.

WD V10.37a build 18 installed. clientraw.txt now shows no leading zero on field 003. WDL displaying the direction correctly. My custom ajaxWDwx.js file is processing the data correctly and adding a leading zero.

So ALL IS OK and all are satisfied.
I would not have requested the change to WD if I had known about the ramifications with respect to WDL. http://www.bafc.co.uk/wap_sitetest/weather.shtml

Just two more problems to iron out (WD not retrieving data on startup & WD webcam capture not retaining my settings), and then I will work on W3C compliance.