How to install a LabJack (U3)?

I could not find anything about getting a LabJack (U3) installed in WD.
Is there a special setting that I can’t find?
I can get the LabJack U12 to work but want to change computers to one without an RS232 port. The U3 is USB only.
The U3 installs as Com 6 but have never seen anyplace to set the Com port in WD for the LabJack and WD does not see the LabJack U3 when started.

Setup… Labjack sensors…

Not exactly sure what you mean. Can you give me a bit more detail explination?

In WD’s Setup/LabJack window I have Labjack turned on (by way of the main switch to yes).

With a U12 connected I get sensor readings.

When I connect the U3 I do not get any sensor readings with WD.

I can get readings from the U3 with LJControlPanel and DAQFactory on the same computer.

Sorry, I thought you were on an earlier config stage. So do you mean U12 works on WD and doesn’t U3? I have mine on the way (U3) :frowning:

Yes that’s the way it looks unless I am doing something wrong with settings someplace.
I have been using my U12 for a couple of years. I purchased the U3 awhile ago and could not get it to work. I put it away and just got it out to give it another try hoping one of the WD updates would address the issue.
But still can’t get any readings using it. I assume WD is not yet set up for it.
I have searched for “U3” in the forums and found nothing. I guess not many have tried the U3 or I am the only one with an issue. I am about to send my U3 back for the hardware update. Since yours is on the way you will have the latest which has a higher clock speed.

I use my U12 to monitor my radiant heating system through WD.

http://www.ehweather.com/extrarealtimegraph.gif

Nice application. My U3 is expected to arrive on Monday. I’ll try as soon as possible, I’ll tell you… or Brian :slight_smile:

U3 arrived. Tested with a solar cell, everything is ok through DAQFactory. But I can’t see nothing on WD neither. Below you have my current settings. Maybe something changed on U3 to interface with WD?

Brian ??? :roll:

lb2.jpg

maybe it comes with an updated dll file?
try copying that to the wd folder?

All I can see on the Labjack\drivers folder is this one: LJUDDotNet.dll Dated 25-april-2006, version 1.1.1.0

This one? Directly to WD folder?

There are some other dll’s on the DAQFactory folder… labjack.dll labjackn.dll mpiwin32.dll testdevice.dll

it will be the labjack.dll

I have labjack.dll and labjackn.dll in the wd directory (these are from the latest setup files [LabJackUDSetupV267] from LabJack). I have rebooted both WD and then the computer and still no readings in WD with the U3.

One thing different about using the U12 versis the U3 is that when connected and detected the U3 shows up in the comm-port listing (mine as Com6) in ControlPanel/systems, the U12 does not. I think they use different ways of communication to windows.

Hi
yes, looks like different communication alright
as niko found a forum on the labjack which says there is differences alright
is there a online pdf file for the new labjack version?
(or maybe zip and email me the pdf file that comes with it)

I’ll zip/mail it, save a bit of bandwidth…

Done, not sure it really compressed much though :frowning:

Not for me. My U3 does not show on the comm-port listing. It is at an independent USB port. No way to see what commport it is assigned.

looking at the pdf file, there are quite a few changes needed to support it
there is example code in the pdf file…
so i will have to start with a test program…

are there any example delphi program code included with the download?

Yes, you have many examples available here: http://www.labjack.com/labjack_u3_downloads.php

This is a link to their forum on a question related to the difference between the U12 and U3.

http://www.labjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1895

Hi,
I live near the Labjack office (wife’s office across street) and when I went in a couple months ago to purchase, I was told only the U12 works with WD. I bought one and it works of course, just need to extend the temp sensors.
My impression was they’re nice guys and would likely exhange. They even gave me a Labjact T shirt I couldn’t take my eyes off of.

I hope Brian will make it work… :roll: