WD and getting it on the web....correctly!?

webfiles folder

Mark

any one else having a problem such as this?? also, in WD, on the control panel-General Internet tab, should there be any files to the right in the files to upload area??

No, you don’t need anything there. That is for non-WD files. - Jim

Can someone please check my site . www.warwickpaweather.net and let me know what COULD be the problem. Oh and by the way, displaying is the wxlocal page. the wx page had nothign but graphs on it from a week ago. I renamed the wxlocal as iindex.

Chris

You’ve got the same .gif issue going on for some reason. This may take Brian’s help to solve. - Jim

Thanks Jim…as an additional resource, I removed the index page to allow everyone the chance to look into my directory and see what is NOT NEEDED…I think maybe WD is sending files even with the upload option for each file type turned off.

I can see your wx.html file now as html, so something is starting to go right. Make sure all your wxlocal*.html files are in the webfiles directory, then go back to Pintos post at the beginning of this thread and see if you can it uploading again. - Jim

Ok…here’s where I stand now…al the pages seem to be ulpoading. HOWEVER, the index page isn’t updating. The temp/humidity/wind chill…etc in the upper right corners on all BUT the index page are there, but no details are displaying. I went back to the upload configuratin page several times, and on the index page it shows when I show upload info, wxlocal.html goes out as wx. if it does that then nothing correctly displays on the index page online. If I rename it(to go out from wxlocal to index.html, then it just doesn;t update. If I can get some of it correct I’ll be happy. ALSO, the forecast page has no forcasts in it. This my friends has turned into an adventure.

Email me or call and I will try to help you. But understand, it will be the blind leading the blind :slight_smile: I have a vonage phone so I pay no extra for long distance to Mexico, Canada, France, etc. So emailing me, and me calling you might be better.

Mark

My name one word @hotmail.com
319-752-5762

I just noticed one thing that may help. The very first line in index.html, and prior to the header info you have:

<META RAW MET DATA Dry, 10:19:01,2/4/2007,tmp -6.9,hum 27,dew -22.8,wav 2.3,wgt 2.7,dir NE 046

(from carterlake) : Template users should disable the extra META data feature of WD.
To do so… untick the option “Have the raw weather data to appear in your webpage for others to use”
which is found in Setup… Advanced/Misc Settings…

hi
i was away over the weekend
do you still need help?

Hi Brian, and yes a bit. Not worrying about modifying the templates to my specific site right now, just concerned about getting my data to display. The problem, today, is that the local NWS forecast is not showing up on the forecast page on my site ( www.warwickpaweather.net ) and the almanac times, the hi/low temp times are displaying incorrect. ALSO, should my wxlocalX.html pages convert to just wx.html when uploaded?? mine seem to be doing just that. if its wxlocal4.html, its wx4.html on in my directory.

Yes local means the local copy. It should convert it to whatever you told it to in the setup page. It looks correct. Did you upload the graphics to the web page? Or did you point the file to where your graphics are (http://www.warwickpaweather.net/ajax-images/night_clear.gif). Also is the forecast text file getting uploaded?

Mark

warwick, i recommend to use the customise internet and file creation setup (its an override) and there you set the times to create and upload the files needed, and the remote directory name needed (i.e so for wxlocal.html you can set the remote directory name needed (instead of the default wx.html)
also use a recent update of wd, as this all works better

I just took a look and it seems that your images that came with the templates are in your main directory with your html files, but the links are to an ajax-images directory that I don’t think exists yet. Moving them there will fix part of your problem. Then like Mark said, check whether you’re getting a forecast file downloaded for WD to read. Hang in there you’re making progress. - Jim

Sorry for the sporadic responses, but my days off this week have been few and far between. SLOWLY I’m getting things to work on my site. The main problem now is the current forecast and warnings. No matter what I select in WD, nothing seems to want to upload for viewing.

One thing to check is to make sure you’re using tgftp.nws.noaa.gov as the download site in your setup vice what may be in the documentation that came with the templates. This is a very recent change. - Jim

Slwoly things are getting on the site…I still, no matter what I do, can’t get the forecast to display…

Is the forecast text file getting uploaded? Or are you at least getting it to download??

Mark