WD and getting it on the web....correctly!?

1st of all thank you to Jozef for helping me thru most of this, but the problems seem to be getting deeper. I have the most current version of WD installed, as do I have the template pack from carterlake. The templates are in the WD folder and unzipped. The problem lies with me setting up the ftp in WD to send my files to my site… www.warwickpaweather.net . I’ve read and re-read the read-me files, had help from Jozef and still nothing is correct. I think I need to start from the beginngin and wipe out all the ftp configurations. Any help would be appreciated…please email your guidance to me so I can print them and use them as the guide.

I did mail this, but it did not work, can somebody please check I did not forget something in here ?

try to make 1 page work.
wxlocal.html is in your webfiles-folder of Weather Display on your home-computer
go to Weather Display
Hit “ControlPanel”
Hit Internet File Creation & Uploads
Go to 2nd tab (Setup page #2)
Hit the “Set” button next to “File #22 wxlocal.html”
Hit “Show file create times”
Hit the “Update every 15 mins” button
“Save now”-button
switch “Use this settings” must be turned on
“Show file upload times”
in FTP settings box you can put a name for the file (index.html)
in Remote directory do not enter anything
Hit"Same as file times"
Hit"Save now"
the button “Use these settings” must you turn to “On”
Hit"OK"
Hit"Override On"
Hit"OK"
Hit"OK"
Now you have to wait until Weather Display does the upload, you can see that in your system tray when a

red icon shows the letters WD
it must do the uploads on the hour,15 past, 30mins past and 45 mins past the hour
so the longest time you have to wait is 15 minutes before you can go and check your webpage

In Internet File Creation and Uploads after you have saved any changes always go back and make sure they stuck as at times it appears the creation or upload times don’t stick the first time…

-Bob

Under control panel/Ftp & Connections METAR NOAA FTP/connections tab
Is the main internet switch on?
If not turn switch on, click on save, then click on OK

wx.html an so on are created fine when you look at them on the local harddisk
they are uploaded, but are chaged to some kind of garbage on FF2,IE makes them look like gifs
http://www.warwickpaweather.net/

Yeah not sure what to make of why they are changing or changed already. The main internet switch is on, I do have 1 thought,when I downloaded and unzpped carterlake’s template pack, should it have been placed in the wd folder, the webfiles folder or just in the c drive?? and unzipped to…??? (I think that may be where my problem is—I might have done that incorrectly)…

The first file has to be “index.html” On your web page it looks like it is wx2.html In the file creation page make sure that is the remote file name. Also if you are using the Carter Lake template, make sure you upload the files that are a one time upload.

Mark

Mark is right, eventually you will want wx.html uploaded with the name index.html because that is what your isp will serve up as the default when someone hits your site.

That’s not the big problem right now. Your wx.htm through wx9.html files are ending up on the server with .gif headers for some reason. Perhaps unzip the files again, and they do go to the \wd\webfiles directory. Does anyone else out there know what would cause these files to end up on the server with .gif headers? Gotta be a simple answer somewhere. - Jim

webfiles folder

Mark

any one else having a problem such as this?? also, in WD, on the control panel-General Internet tab, should there be any files to the right in the files to upload area??

No, you don’t need anything there. That is for non-WD files. - Jim

Can someone please check my site . www.warwickpaweather.net and let me know what COULD be the problem. Oh and by the way, displaying is the wxlocal page. the wx page had nothign but graphs on it from a week ago. I renamed the wxlocal as iindex.

Chris

You’ve got the same .gif issue going on for some reason. This may take Brian’s help to solve. - Jim

Thanks Jim…as an additional resource, I removed the index page to allow everyone the chance to look into my directory and see what is NOT NEEDED…I think maybe WD is sending files even with the upload option for each file type turned off.

I can see your wx.html file now as html, so something is starting to go right. Make sure all your wxlocal*.html files are in the webfiles directory, then go back to Pintos post at the beginning of this thread and see if you can it uploading again. - Jim

Ok…here’s where I stand now…al the pages seem to be ulpoading. HOWEVER, the index page isn’t updating. The temp/humidity/wind chill…etc in the upper right corners on all BUT the index page are there, but no details are displaying. I went back to the upload configuratin page several times, and on the index page it shows when I show upload info, wxlocal.html goes out as wx. if it does that then nothing correctly displays on the index page online. If I rename it(to go out from wxlocal to index.html, then it just doesn;t update. If I can get some of it correct I’ll be happy. ALSO, the forecast page has no forcasts in it. This my friends has turned into an adventure.

Email me or call and I will try to help you. But understand, it will be the blind leading the blind :slight_smile: I have a vonage phone so I pay no extra for long distance to Mexico, Canada, France, etc. So emailing me, and me calling you might be better.

Mark

My name one word @hotmail.com
319-752-5762

I just noticed one thing that may help. The very first line in index.html, and prior to the header info you have:

<META RAW MET DATA Dry, 10:19:01,2/4/2007,tmp -6.9,hum 27,dew -22.8,wav 2.3,wgt 2.7,dir NE 046

(from carterlake) : Template users should disable the extra META data feature of WD.
To do so… untick the option “Have the raw weather data to appear in your webpage for others to use”
which is found in Setup… Advanced/Misc Settings…

hi
i was away over the weekend
do you still need help?