HELP! Switched to 10.37 and National Weather Service Forecast Not working

:frowning: I switched to 10.37 and now my National Weather Service Forecast does not update.
www.kaplanweather.com

What Zone is it and have you checked for the raw Forecast and make sure it has updated on the NWS site and check your local downloaded forecast and compare…

-Bob

National Weather Service Forecast coz039

I’m not sure how to check the rest of it.

ftp://weather.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/zone/co/coz039.txt is a valid and up to date forecast
So site is up and running, check your wd folders for a coz039.txt file and look at the time stamp if the file exists
also, may want to send a screenshot of your 5 day forecast setup screen

:smiley: Thanks for the help! I think I got it fixed!!
I’ll know in the morning.

Davek,

If it is fixed please post what you found or did for others that may find themselves in the same boat…

-Bob

:frowning: I was wrong, I didn’t fix it. still not working. my zip is 80514
now I’m not sure which zone code to use. Can someone walk me through this?
Noise woke me up, I can’t get back to sleep I hate being up at 5:30am.

I just looked at the forecast in Doug’s link above and it’s dated 511 PM last night so perhaps the problem is with NOAA? - Jim

Jim is correct that the forecast at ftp://weather.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/zone/co/coz039.txt has not been updated…

Davek we have seen issues of this nature with NWS in the past, especially on weekends and best bet would be to just ignore and check again tomorrow and if not updated check and make sure the actual text file on the NOAA site has been updated before going back to pulling your hair out :wink:

-Bob

But if I go to the NOAA website and put in my zip 80514
it has a updated forecast, that’s why I’m confused.

They may be pulling the forecast from another location, who knows with the weekend staff at the NWS… :dontknow:

-Bob

More than likely the limited IT support for this server of wx data is the reason for problems over the weekend. The forecasts are still being generated by NWS offices and available via other sources such as point and click from http://www.weather.gov/. Your best bet is to use Carterlake’s NOAA forecast php script if possible available at:

I’m testing it myself and I like it! Thanks Tom! :slight_smile:

It’s updating now but the forecast picture is messed up at the end of the week.
I can’t win for losing, get 1 thing fixed another messes up. :banghead:
But I won’t give up! :coffee:

there was one update of WD where i upset the 5 day forecast with the wxsim changes i had made…but so update to the latest build of WD

I have tried to reset this 5 day forecast and now It will not place any text or icons in the forecast.

Running 10.37 and the file coming in now is the new NOAA file.

How can I get this reset to work?

zip and email me the file…
also make sure you do not have the wxsim settings in use

Brian

Ok checked that and its set No.

I Will send you that file.

looks like noaa have changed the format
the data is not on separate lines like it was.,.,…
the problem is not a change I made, but a change they have made, by the looks

Brian

Yep, its nothing you did they made the change on us.