Release: Local Risk Assessment

Hi all,

is there a language file for Local Risk script? Someone that have made one for swedish language?
Or instruction how i can made it myself, can i use plaintext-parser-lang somehow?

Regards
Jonny Larsson

You would have to edit the script I would say.

Just contact Jordan before you do that though.

Hi folks

If you have a look here http://www.northantsweather.com/wxwxsimmulti.php
You can see the WXSim weather warnings that i have setup, I just noticed this
morning that Thursday’s warning appears to be cut off half way through…

I aint sure what to look for, any ideas please?

Hi All,

I’ve been playing around with this local risk script but no matter how I set things in the configuration file, it never says anything about rain, even when the possibility is far greater than what is set in the config file. For example, today my wxsim plaintext shows 80 percent for both today and tonight, the config variable is set to 55, but it tells me no significant risks are expected. I’ve attached the two script files if anyone has a chance to see what I’m missing.

Thanks

Derek

rskcfg.php.txt (2.14 KB)

wsrsk.txt (11.1 KB)

Hi

You have this set

Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet will only

appear if the probability of occurrence is greater

than the following variable.

$pppreset = 55;

55 is inches i take it :wink:

Hi Bashy,
In the config file it says it is probability so I’d think that should mean 55% chance. Either way I set it to .5 and nothing changed.

Derek

Ok, so I’ve done a little “editing” on this script and it appears to now be doing what I expected, at least with respect to rain.

I don’t “think” I’ve messed up the other sections but I haven’t seen it under all circumstances.

Anyway here’s the files if anyone wants them.

Derek

rskcfg.php.txt (2.14 KB)

wsrsk.php.txt (11.5 KB)

Thanks Derek for posting that fix.

Lee,

Your welcome, although, I only had a few “old” plaintext.txt files to check with and it worked with them so I’m hoping I didn’t glitch something else!!

Derek

I copied //tstorms to just above //fog.

Working well.

Good idea. I’m going to do the same!!

Thanks

Derek

Howdy folks,

Ran into a small problem which I haven’t seen addressed here.

When the LRA, picks up wind gusts, it doesn’t completely finish.

I have attached an image, if anyone has any idea as how to fix this issue, it would be certainly appreciated.

I using LRA Version 1.06

Thanks Doug

Hi Doug,
unfortunately this is an known error…
Few months ago i’ve tried to contact the author but without success :frowning:
That is a real shame :frowning:
Regards,

Alessandro

Doug,

The problem is at row 226 in the original script. I guess the plaintext output has slightly changed. If a sentence starts with Wind from… it will work until m/s, which need an escape character, otherwise nothing is written. A quick fix could be to write the gust value only…

$wgstate .= "Gusty winds at ".$wndgust ." " . $uomWind . " are forecast for ".$pdnm.". ";

/Labbs

Thank you Labbs – That will do the trick…awesome band aid! Just what the doctor ordered!

:notworthy: Thank you!

Snow only files… :slight_smile:

snow-only.zip (2.71 KB)

Thanks Bashy

MikeyM

I know this is a really old subject, but the “snow-only” scripts still work well - thanks!

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

where do I download these scripts from?

try around post 71 there’s some files there that are still downloadable