Release: Local Risk Assessment

Jordan,

Fixed me up too, thanks for the quick response. I’m not sure I’ll use this where I have it, but I think a contribution is in order regardless. I kind of have a craving for a steak sandwich from the Brathaus myself. - Jim

Hello all!
I changed to the new release 1.04 and got the same problems as you have before… can’t understand whats wrong.
See http://www.sm6kiw.se/weather/wxsim/risk.php

Maybe some have any solution to not get all text in the end?

//Bo

Bo,

That’s exactly what 1.04 fixed for me. Perhaps download again and make sure you didn’t get a cached version or something? - Jim

Hello again.
Just downloaded and changed files, but still the same problem…

Guess we’ll have to wait for Jordan to stop by which I’m sure he’ll do today. - Jim

Indeed! 1.05 has been released to fix this issue; sorry, folks, about the issues. In any case, we have a nice snow going in Madison so the day is good!

Jordan

:smiley: Now it’s working !
Thanks a lot!
//Bo

Mine was working OK with 1.04 :D, but as I usually update anyway when new versions become available, do I have to update both the wsrsk and the rskcfg php files to get to 1.05…

No, wsrsk.php only.

Jordan

I’m not too sure whether other users would agree, but would it be possible to have, a main thin boundary frame around the outside of the graphic outputs. At the moment, unless the webpage has a background colour (or image), the graphics edges become un-delineated with the background white. ie see my webpage at http://www.elginweather.co.uk/jordan/fcst.php where it is particularly noticeable on the “threat graphic”. OR is there an easy way to change the background colour of the whole php page? I’m afraid my feeble efforts have failed so far on that front!

Thanks for the info on 1.05 update,

The color of that area can be changed to grey if you prefer. See the configuration file.

Jordan

My wxsim forecast is:
Dense overcast. A chance of snow. Low 23, but temperatures rising after midnight. Wind south-southeast around 4 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around a tenth of an inch. Snow accumulation about an inch.

The wxsim forecast script shows .1 in, which I’d think should say, 1".

The NWS has issued …WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST MONDAY…

But the script shows, no hazards.

This is a test page to see if I want to use the script. It is at
http://www.nhpaweather.com/wxfrmtht.php
Also, as of now I haven’t loaded the image files for this script. The server seems to be down at the moment.

Dave

Did you configure rskcfg.php to show a significant snow hazard for one inch? A hazard will not be shown for a National Weather Service warning or advisory.

Jordan

ver. 1.05 is outputting “snow.png” and sleet.png and not snow-d.png or snow-n.png etc… I had to rename two pictures to get them to show … a bug or a feature? :slight_smile:

Jordan had several “plain old” type icons in the release to be added to the icon set. I don’t believe this script is designed to differentiate between day and night, just to highlight upcoming events. I think I have that right. - Jim

You did indeed have that one right :slight_smile:

I apparently downloaded the wrong imagepack file for this one #-o

Is there a place where I can edit the amount of rain needed to trigger it a risk?

Like, my forecast is between 30mm and 50mm rain monday but that isn’t enough to trigger the risk warning.
i.m.h.o. 50mm of rain (allmost 2 inches) during a 12 hour period should show up as significant…

Please post your copy of plaintext.txt.

Jordan

WXSIM text forecast for Bergen, initialized at 21:00 08 Apr, 2007

Tonight: Cloudy in the evening, becoming dense overcast after midnight. Light to
moderate fog in the evening, then patchy light fog after midnight. A chance of
rain in the evening, then a slight chance of rain after midnight. Low 6. Wind
west around 4 m/s, gusting to 11 m/s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
Precipitation mostly around 2 mm.

Monday: Partly to mostly cloudy. Patchy light fog in the morning. A slight
chance of rain in the afternoon. High 11. UV index up to 3. Wind northwest
around 4 m/s, gusting to 8 m/s, in the morning, becoming south-southwest in the
afternoon. Chance of precipitation 20 percent. Precipitation mostly less than 2
mm.

Monday night: Dense overcast in the evening, becoming cloudy after midnight.
Rain likely in the evening, then a chance of rain after midnight. Low 5. Wind
south-southwest around 7 m/s in the evening, becoming west after midnight.
Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation mostly between 30 and 50 mm.

Hopefully 1.06 fixes the issue. Sorry.

http://www.wiscwx.com/jordan/wsrsk/index.html

Out of curiosity, how many people use this script? I generally have not received any donations or support requests specifically for this project.

Best,

Jordan