Could you sign our school's weather site Guestmap?!!!

Thank you all. I can’t tell you how excited the children will be on Monday. We have been stuck on 2 guests for ages. This will be so much fun!!!

Do you know of many other schools with weather web sites? Also is there an index of school weather web sites? If not, would it be useful to set up an index for them, or perhaps a forum board to allow educational weather ideas/suggestions to be discussed. It would be good to get more children interested in the weather, so I’ll help out if I can.

North East Scotland is getting crowded.

Chris

added and nice to say i,m the first from New Zealand… :wink:

Adde Berkshire, UK to the map, well done on a good site. I’m all for getting children interested in weather, we gave our 7yr old son a “weather station kit” for Christmas, not sure how the anemometer made from polystyrene cups will stand up to the weather though :?

Cheers,
Ian

Done! Nice idea too. :smiley:

I have been wondering this myself. I know that we have inspired another school in Llandudno, North Wales to set up the same system. I am sure that there are other schools. I am getting emails from quite a few just inquiring also. A forum would be great. I would love to exchange some information. Thank you very much.

Put myself on your map - a great idea and good learning tool.

Added in Central Wisconsin too. Great site and a great idea for the kids. - Jim

Who is going to be more excited, you or the children? :slight_smile: It’s always great to see a teacher being enthusiastic and encouraging his students. Thank you!

–Dave

Signed and sealed…

Craig

Added mine. Looks to be filling out nicely.

I signed up as well. Great site! How old are your kids when they become smarter than you (9 or 10)? 8O

Another one added. I’m surprised I’m the first from NSW. I should have added that to my comment (the New South Wales bit, I mean).

It seems you now have 49 entries; that should keep the children busy for a while. There’s still half the weekend to go so you could easily finish up with close to 100.

Good luck with the project. I wonder whether it will also encourage some of the pupils to seek more information about each of the countries represented? Whatever, it’s a great idea; it’s terrific to see teachers (I’m assuming that you are such) coming up with novel ideas to make learning fun.

That is exactly what they will be doing next week!! Which is also why I am delighted that you have all added your weather sites, they can compare the weather as well as learn something about the region that I will give them to study. I can’t wait.

One fun thing - one of the children who has obviously been looking at our site over the weekend has emailed me today all excited that the map is, in his words “going crazy”.

That makes it all worthwhile right there :slight_smile:

-Bob

I couldn’t agree more, Bob.

To help pupils to take the steps necessary for them to become students must be a wonderful experience.

Whilst I might be being somewhat selfish, carreglefn, please let us know how things go with the exercise.

You have a nice website! I put another pin on your map in the SF Bay area of California.

All done!

By sheer chance, I found it a day or so after it was launched on 28th Dec, but didn’t realise it was a school until just afterwards. Excellent Idea, great intro to weather for the kids, and good example of internet usage to show the scope and range of visitors a site can create.

woody