Setting up for lan network

I am trying to set up a local network in the house to view weather info on multiple computers running 98 on the notebook with the weather station plugged into it and xp on other machines, I have a peet brothers ultimeter 800 fo a weather staion running winUlt on it with wireless cards on all connected to a wireless router a lnksys 802.11b

Hi
the version connected to the station, set that as the server, in the ftp/internet setup (leave the IP address and port numbers as default, i,.e 231.31.31.31 and 333

and then on the versions of the software (or the free client viewer, which you do not have ticked data from over the internet), set the client switch ON and leave the ip adress and port number the same as the server)
and make sure you have the main switch (on the right hand side of the client/server setup, ON)

Thanks windy for the input I really appreciate it , so one more question is that I must need to run the same program on both computers? I am running the program that came with the peet brothers the win-ult program and see no place to set it up as a server with an ip address, how doyou know so much about this I see your post on many questions? i’m running weather display 9.74e on My notebook that I just want to view the weather info on, Bob Taylor

hi
oh, i missed the last Q here
did you get this working? (I.e a client/server version of WD running on both pc’s)

Hi the version connected to the station, set that as the server, in the ftp/internet setup (leave the IP address and port numbers as default, i,.e 231.31.31.31 and 333

and then on the versions of the software (or the free client viewer, which you do not have ticked data from over the internet), set the client switch ON and leave the ip adress and port number the same as the server)
and make sure you have the main switch (on the right hand side of the client/server setup, ON)

Brian I’ve been trying this for a while and cannot get it to work.
I had it working a year ago and recently decided to use this feature again. But it will not work. I’ve read every bit of info in searches ect. and i’m at my wits end.
I have two pc’s both win98 with a linksys router.
nothings been changed with the router since i used this feature a year ago.
Any help really would be appriciated.
Thanks
Emilio

hi
i now have it where you can set the server version to create a clientraw.txt file, and then client version can read that file (if it is on a mapped drive)

Cool!! Thanks!