My Carter Lake site is now up

Thanks to all of you who guided me in getting lakeveraweather.com up. I still have to take care of writing some info about this area for wx9 and add some local links. One thing I would like is to get local radar on so I will look into that. I’ll work on getting Sacramento.

I admire all of you for your ability to generate these sites that require so much detail work.

Shorty

looking good :slight_smile:
how often do you have the clientraw.txt file uploading?

I just set it for 5 minutes. What do you suggest?

faster…otherwise takes away from having real time ability…you sit their watching the seconds getting longer and longer and wonder when its going to update next…

OK–I’ll speed it up.

The default for ajaxWDwx.js is to assume a 5 second refresh time. You can set it to whatever time you want (in milliseconds) by changing

var reloadTime = 5000;      // reload AJAX conditions every 5 seconds (= 5000 ms)

You should set it to whatever time interval you use to upload your clientraw.txt.

Best regards,
Ken

Where do I change the clientraw upload time? In the custom web page set up there is a note after the clientraw set button “Underclient server set up” Tick to produce this file"… I ticked and did not see a way to increase the upload time beyond 1 minute?

I think I found the page to do this. We will see.

I have somehow stopped the first page from uploading. If I hit the refresh button it flashes the current time, then revert back till when I tried to speed up client raw. :frowning:

My problem seems to be with the updating of wx1–changed to index.html. The page only updates when I hit the refresh button on my machine, and then only for a few seconds. Then it reverts back to when the problem began/ The other pages seem to be updating OK.

Shorty

I use the Control Panel, WebFiles/WebPage setup panel, Real time client FTP tab.

I have “Rename the file as a temporary file”, “Upload the extra file every 5 minutes”, “Restart/reset Every 30 mins”, “restart instead of re-login” all ticked. The Delay between uploading data set to 5 seconds, and the big switch set to On.

If you press Start Now, you should see a small yellow icon in the windows system tray that shows a red up-arrow on the left side of it when a clientraw FTP is being done.

Ken

I have done that and still the upload does not stay. The FTP error log says “550 tmp no such file in directory.”

OK, now the page stays updated. I removed 3 clientraw files from my server directory that were not updating. The screen now updates after 5 minutes and after I refresh or close and then open.

Five minutes seems fast enough for me and I don’t think many folks would look at the screen to see any changes that occur sooner than 5 minutes.

whats you site anyway Shorty

Clicking on the WWW Icon under your name give me a Http not found :frowning:

www.lakeveraweather.com

I just got a new site so I better update my profile. Thanks for reminding me.

Shorty, your clientraw.txt is not at /clientraw.txt on your website ( http://www.lakeveraweather.com/ ). If you’re uploading it to a subdirectory, you’ll need to change

var clientrawFile = 'clientraw.txt'; // location of clientraw.txt relative to this page on website

to the relative URL address of the clientraw.txt file on your website.

Best regards,
Ken

I have just uploaded clientraw and the same problem iI had hesterday s happening. The first page only updates for a few seconds after I load the page and theen goes back to the data that was there before I uploaded clientraw.

Shorty, there are two different uploads that need to be done to get your site with current conditions by WD and AJAX updates going:

1. your wxlocal.html … wxlocal9.html have to be uploaded by WD every 5 minutes (or 10 minutes) or so to substitute for all the %tags% in the pages with the current WD values.
    This is controlled by the Control Panel, FTP/Internet setup, Connections tab (Main Internet switch on, FTP Host settings filled in with Host, directory, FTP username, FTP password), and the Web Files Upload Times tab (select upload every 5 minutes, and hit OK).

2. the clientraw.txt is controlled by a different FTP program, and the settings are at Control Panel, Web Files/Web Page setup, Real time Client ftp tab. There you set up the delay between uploads (5 secs) and turn on the big switch. It will start a clientrawftp program that shows as a small yellow icon in the windows taskbar. It will show a small red up-arrow when the realtime ftp is doing an upload of clientraw.txt to your site.

Your clientraw.txt file is not updating, so you need to finish the setup in (2) above to get it working for you.

Best regards,
Ken

I “think” I have it set right but client raw is not up loading. The FTP error log shows “no such file or directory”
Should client raw go into a separate directory on my server?

I’d just upload it with the realtime ftp to your site’s root directory. That’s what I do.
Ken