Rainfall Recording Software

Does anyone know of a software script that will allow different people to log their rainfall data and then display it on line.

There are many ways to do it, but I thought someone might know of a premade script just made for the job.

We have severe bushfires on our doorstep here and the DSE have asked me to help setup an emergency rainfall monitoring system to find out what rain is falling where (there fires covers hundreds of kms in area).

thanks,
Steve

I was wondering how you were getting on up there in the middle of it all.

Not a pretty scene, and I understand there were a couple of teenagers on trailbikes racing away from a new outbreak too !.. I hope for their sake the police catch them first.

G’day, yeah, the teenagers incident was south of us by a fair way, different area, but yeah I hope they do get them though (if they did light the fire, that hasn’t been proven yet, they where just in the vincinity, perhaps just a bad co-incidence, but probably not).

This fire is very different from anything I’ve ever seen before, because it is so vast and just keeps going and going and it could be several weeks more before it ends yet. One edge of it is about 10km from us to the north, which is a worry but only with southerly winds, which are normally cooler and moister than the hot dry northerlies. We been setting up here with fire fighting pumps and hoses and generators and firefighting back packs ready to tackle any ember attacks or anything. Then there is plan B … run like hell.

It’s been creating it’s own weather inside aswell. Everyday it creates a line about 100km long of these massive clouds created by the heat causing a huge thermal uplift.

Smoke is so thick that it catches in your throat, I think I’m getting smokaphobia from it all.