StartWatch and WeatherLink Bulletin

This is the text of and E-mail I sent to [email protected], I’m posting it here for information to others. And I didn’t know if it was ok to include the ini and log files here on the forum.

Many of the times when StartWatch restarts WeatherLink from a hung condition it does not start the bulletin. It was that way this morning, WeatherLink was running but the bulletin was not. This has occurred in a number of the versions. But it doesn’t occur everytime. Also when I exit StartWatch (and the programs it controls) and then run it again, everything startsup fine.

A second observation or problem is, I have StartWatch controling ImageSalsa. When I exit StartWatch and tell it to quit all the programs, it does not quit ImageSalsa. If I exit Image Salsa and start StartWatch it starts ImageSalsa properly.

Thanks for your Great Products

I just replied to your email and then found your post here. I’ll post here the results I find on these two issues.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Some additional info…
I have had trouble in the past with VVP occasionally hanging up WL (WeatherLink) when the remote TCP/IP connection was disconnected abruptly, when I unplug my ThinkPad to take it on the road. I have tried a couple of your suggestions such as using HS VSP instead of the Lantronics Redirector, using a VVP serial console port to drive HS VSP (at the host) instead of using VVP’s TCP/IP port. None of these configs solved the problem completely.

Then you produced StartWatch, since that circumvented the hanging problem by restarting the culprit, I decided to wait for your version 2 of VVP.

Also because of the many items I have WL upload to my personal Web site the upload takes close to 2 minutes so I have moved the StartWatch sensitivity slider for WL to the 1/4 position (next notch towards low from center).

Dennis