Summary Stuck on dusk? -> OK now, latest version

Hi, any ideas why my summary conditions get stuck on Dusk?

Rgds Stuart.

summary.gif

which version of WD?

Brian, sorry,

version 10.36w build 07.

Stuart.

humm
try the latest version
as I have been working on the solar/weather description engine lately…

Brian, Have just updated to 36x

I did re start yesterday ans that did produce a new summary, the same today I will watch tomorrows Dusk/Night time change over.

Rgds Stuart.

also check the length of time (minutes) setting in the summary image and icon setup to show sunrise/sunset

Brian 10.36x seems to have done it,
Dusk came and went

… after the set delay , and all is well…its now night time.

Rgds Stuart.

summary.gif

Hi there,

There seems to be more than one of us with a problem with the Dusk criteria being shown on the Summary when it is many, many hours after dusk. I’m running 10.36x build 14 and have had the problem for a little while (since I spotted it anyway). I have made sure that the delay settings are OK and this didn’t fix the prob yesterday. Whilst looking to check that times etc were all correct, I noticed a possibly related problem with the Astronomical Sheet where the UTC time was stuck on 0600 (actual time was about 2030). I did a save and exit of WD and restart and lo and behold the Astro time changed to proper time and the Dusk on summary changed to Night Time. Today, I have just looked at the astro page and the time is again at 0600 (real time 0935)so I suspect that the Dusk feature on the Summary page will again be the same this evening (unless I do a full restart). You can see the current Astro problem at http://www.munrobaggins.co.uk/wdisplay32/elginweather.htm

Are the 2 problems related? :?

what do you mean by astro time exactly?

i am not having any problems with dusk showing for longer than it should myself (but it is summer time here)

I noticed this morning that it still said dusk (it was well before sunrise). I have just installed 10.36x build 16 and will see what happens tonight. I think it was on 10.36x build 14 before.

Stuart

Hi Brian,

On the webpages there is a section where one can show Astro Moon data (below the wind data on my page) and gives the Julian date moon and sun distance etc. It is within that table that the UTC time and local time are stuck on 0600.

that time is just when the moondetail1.gif image is updated (extra moon details)
i dont think its related…unless there are errors under view , program event log

in any case try the latest .zip version and lets go from there

Nothing on the event log. I’ll give the ZIP a try.

Apologies I was muddle between the summary and the %Currentsolardescription% tag. In my case this tag still says Dusk now at 17:30 some 1.5 hours after sunset, should have changed to Night Time by now. Still stuck on Dusk using 10.36x build 16. My summary is fine, I’m only left with this tag problem.

Stuart

…About it problem I already I wrote a few days ago (http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/22556),but me nobody walk over(not listening)… :frowning:

i think the problem is when no solar sensor in use (i have a solar sensor, and so its OK)

so this update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

10.36x build 17

should be much better

Me have solar, me have same problem. Waiting for tonight (build 15) to see if that makes any difference since I installed this build after dusk/nighttime started last night. Strange that it works if you re-start WD but will not switch if left on its own.

Hi there, I saw your entry a few days ago and it was only later in the evening that I knew I also had the problem. I then couldn’t find your entry and thought you must have removed it. Anyway, I still have the same problem this evening having downloaded and installed the latest ZIP 10.36x dated 19 dec 06 am from the downloads section, so lets’ hope Brian can resolve what is going on. I have also just checked the weather display downloads and have seen that there is a ZIP file dated 19 dec 06 with a server time of 19:38: 21 so I suspect (and hope) that this is the one I downloaded this am. However, maybe the above ZIP posted by Brian on the forum is even later? It is 3hr 15 since sunset and my summary is showing Dusk. Oooher! Let’s see what Brian says!

All the best

does it say build 17 under help, about?

its odd that kentrue, who i have been working with , on the solardescription, in the mantis bug tracker, has never once reported a problem with the dusk statement staying longer than he has set up in the summary image and icon setup