Where to edit record soil temp data?

I’ve been having some trouble with spikes on my soil temp readings. To test if it was coming from the hardware or WD software, I swapped the sensors around. Duiring that period, I got some erroneous readings and now I wish to correct them in the log file. See this thread: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/141730

Looking at the regular log file (102006lg.txt), I dont see Soil Temp as one of the data fields. Is there another log file that contains the detailed Soil Temp logs by day/hour/minute?

I can open the 102006lg2.txt file and see the following fields:
High soil, Low soil, High temp, Low temp, Snow Depth
However there are only 31 rows in this file.

Does it mean that the rows are for each day of the month?
Does it mean that only the high and low for the day are stored? (is there another log file with any more detail?)
Can I edit this file?

is the data in 102006extralog.txt? my soil temp is got from one of the extra sensors.

That worked well for me with the 928 Martyn, but I am using the same principle with VP2 and getting strange maxima/minima on summary page and on month to date file.

Since I’m using the Leaf Wetness/Soil Moisture remote sensor and I don’t have the Extra Temp Sensor, that log file seems to be missing on mine. Instead I have a 102006extralog.csv, but it has no valid data.

check out the log file
122006vantagelog.txt
:wink:

I am assuming you mean the file that is located in this directory: C:\wdisplay\logfiles
If so, that one seems to be the solar sensor data. If I open it it has nothing but zeros, maybe because I don’t have a solar sensor. Here is a snippit of that file:

day month year hour minute Solar radation Total wind run Total solar energy
1 11 2006 0 1 0.00 0.0 0.00 0.0 0.000
1 11 2006 0 2 0.00 0.0 0.00 0.0 0.000
1 11 2006 0 3 0.00 0.0 0.00 0.0 0.000

Could it have another name or be in another directory?

this is the header you should have for that file:
day month year hour minute, Solar radation , UV, Daily ET, soil moist, soil temp

is that not the case?

Have a related prob Brian following my post:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/21934
If I have soil probe ticked I get odd results on WDL.
I have two extra sensors as I did with the 928; one allocated to soil temp, the other to subsoil at -300mm.
The setting just checked for ‘extra probes’
This shows up well on WDL and on main screen but the summary shows soil temp as max100oC and min -100oC. Current soil temp is fine.
Have tried various ways of changing this without success.

Nope. I checked again and the header is exactly as shown in the above post:

day month year hour minute Solar radation Total wind run Total solar energy

Maybe we’re on to something? Is there something I should email you for closer inspection?

ah ha
if you dont have solar set on in WD (control panel, solar setup), that logfile is not being saved as the format to have solar AND soil temp/soil moisture logged
i will fix it so that is soil temp or soil moisture enabled in the weather station type, then it will save in the correct format
in the mean time, the switch on under control panel, solar setup

Right, I don’t have the solar sensor, so I didn’t have that turned on.

So I turned the Main Switch to ON, under Control Panel, Solar Sensor. I’ll check back in a few days and see if the log format changes.
Thanks.

So it has been several days now since I activated the switch under Solar Setup, but the logfile still looks the same. There is no change in the header, it still doesn’t show soil tem and soil moisture data.

Bump…

I still can’t find any log files to edit the soil temps.

Any more suggestions?