Logitech Quickcam Pro5000 / Microsoft Lifecam VX6000

Krister,

Thanks for your input. I can only see 800x600 resolution in this box. I see that yours goes up to 1280X1024. I wonder if my monitor resolution setting has any influence on this? Will have to play with that and see what happens. What do you have selected on the Video input box? Mine is set to RGB24.

Thanks again for your input.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Hi Stan
I don’t have any options for video input, only “default” 8O
What options do you have in The “Microsoft LifeCam” program?

Edit: After restarting WD i now have default, RGB24 and I420 all 3 goes to 1280.
:slight_smile: Krister

Krister,

I upped my monitor graphics and still see only 800X600 resolution in that box. I don’t see that slider on the side like yours either. Interesting to see that there is a difference between your version and mine. The Version for my Web Cam Capture is 4.5

Will have to see what the driver for the VX6000 is doing. Maybe that is the reason. Will Have to find out how to set the resolution at the driver level.

Thanks for any info on this.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

you should see a slider down the left hand side of the web cam image
can you post a screen shot?

Hi
I have version 4.4

Brian,

I don’t see the slider down the left side of that section of the web cam program. How do I post any screen shot on the forum? Haven’t done this yet. I see that others have but will have to figure it out.

Hope that I will be able to resolve this with my system.

Krister, I was using that version also a few revisions back and did not notice that slider back then also.

Thanks.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

hit the PrtSc button the keyboard
and then paste as an image in say Ifranview (free program you can download, and then use that program to resize the image to a low size), then use use the additional options link at the bottom left hand corner of this posting box to be able to append/upload that image (gif say)

Brian,

Lets see if this works. Notice that there are no slider in the selections area.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Looks like it work out okay. Thanks for the lesson. Notice that the image is black due to that, it is night time when I did this.

Again lesson learned. Thanks

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

there is a slider there to select the size of the web cam image…slide it down to make the image much larger…its just to the left of the web cam image
or are you talking/looking at something else?

Brian,

I see that slider but look at the VideoStandard/video Size box where I have only 800X600 and no slider to go up higher. Krister appears to have a slider that goes up a couple of higher resolutions. I don’t know if this is a problem for me only or others may have this issue. Guess it is not really that important at this time. Maybe in the future it might be. Don’t know if my current settings of 800X600 is gaining resolution to the Web Cam in WDL or not. Wll have to see sometime this weekend.

Thanks for looking into this.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

if you slide the slider down that I am talking about even more you should be able to make a bigger picture still though
note that what you are refering to is a item selector scroll bar, hence the confusion

Brian,

I am sorry about the confusion. Yes, the scroll bar is not being shown in my setup at the present time. As mentioned previously, Krister has has a scroll bar on his setup with a couple more resolution for some reason. I just wanted to see why this is so.

Thanks again.

–Stan Y.

maybe related to screen resolution?

Brian,

That is what I thought also. My monitor screen resolution is set to 1024X768. When I changed it to 1280X1024, it did not change anything in that VideoStandard/video Size box. The max (800X600) is what I still have on that screen shot posting with no scroll bar.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

got me beat…
but, still, use the track slider you can make the picture bigger, yes?

Brian,

Yes, the slider makes the picture bigger. Got me beat also. Maybe Krister may have some kind of insight???

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Hi
The slider only makes the image bigger/smaller in Web cam capture, it has no effect on the saved image size.
If you stop Web cam capture and start Microsoft LifeCam, does it look like this?

If not maybe you have a older driver/program/camera version. Do you have a little icon for Microsoft LifeCam Dashboard in the system tray when you run Web cam capture? What version? Mine is v:1.21.113.0

Krister,

Yes, looks like that is my problem with the settings with that LifeCam program. I have version 1.21.113.0 also but does not show the same resolutions as yours. I think I know the problem as I am typing this. The computer USB port is only a 1.0 and the extension device is probably also a 1.0. It is an adapter for CAT5 to do the extension. The camera is approx. 45 feet from my computer. I think, and I hope one of these days I will get a USB card to support USB 2.0 for this computer. That may solve this issue. For now I am using the maximum (800X600) that I have currently instead of 640X480 that I was using previously. Hope that this helps a little.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

i didnt realise the track bar to increase the image did not change the file image size 8O
learn something new every day