Up and running at Venabygdsfjellet, Ringebu, Norway

I just got my site up an running www.gunnarbu.com/var

At the moment it seams that I have lost the weatherdata from WD, but the web cam is still uploading… a very foggy periode dough, and lots of snow

My windsensor has frozen by the way, due to fog, snow and dropping temperature :frowning: any tips on how to avoid that in the future? Or how to make sure that ftp upload from WD is releayable?

Thanks
Geir

For the freezing issue, there’s a nice recent thread on the topic. http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/21906 - Jim

The nature (sun and mild weather) solved my problems with the froozen wind sensor, so now everything is up and running as it should. Next weekend I plan du level the web cam better, and to focus it better. I actuelly did not think about the manual focus, I just asumed it was autpfocused.

I’m now running v5.01 :slight_smile: And it is snow in the Norwegian mountains now :slight_smile:

Hi Geir,
I see Venabu has over 40cm of snow now (not much for the time of year) but as you know, the whole of Norway is suffering with it’s mildest winter on record at the moment. Very little snow by our usual standards - but at least we aren’t alone as many other European countries appear to be lacking snow as well, although the Alps have now received some heavy falls.

Do you know that you can add the snow depth and the snow for the winter season to your WDL?

Just as you did with the snow for today, there are similar tags within your config file to allow you to add these.
:smiley:

Yes, I know that, but since the pc with the WD running on it is placed at my cabin, 250 km from home, I am not able to manually update snowfall/depth. I only use Snow Today as a way of putting a link to Venabu Hotel http://www.venabu.no/english/welcome.htm which has a nice weather report with trail information.

If it was possible, I would like to add just a simple url link on the page, but I do not know how.

I’m going up there this weekend, to go skiing, I miss snow…

Just managed to add a URL to the index.html page by this code

V

www.gunnarbu.com/var is now at version 5.04 and with a new web camera, Axis 207MW installd, with widescreen webcam image embedded. Loooks nice.

It sure does look nice…an excellent quality image… :slight_smile:

I have changed the layout of my weaterpage now, hope you like it www.gunnarbu.com/var

Anemometer at Venabu (MI station) is used special heat bulbs (3 x) Worked as a weather observer and caretaker at Lars from 1980 to approx. 2000 … Jonny

http://www.home.no/joberger/

Thanks Jonny, Funny to hear that you have worked for Lars for 20 years, I know him through photography courses at Venabu over the years. I have had my cabin at Venabygdsfjellet since 1997. Now I am waiting for a new weather station, Davis Vantage Pro2 with a heated rain collector, will be interesting to see how that works in -20 and in heavy snowing.

Geir

my pages have been updated a lot last few months, new hardware as well, Davis Vantage pro2 and meteohub