Timing problem?

I have noticed that after 12PM the rain measurments turn to “yesterdays rain” since its still TODAY why should it tell you yesterdays rain… it should be todays rain right?

By 12pm do you mean noon or midnight? If you mean noon then it shouldn’t change at that point.

in the morning till 12, it says todays rain, as soon as it turns 12:01 (mid-day) it turns to yesterdays rain

Almost sounds like your computer is set 12 hours off… saying it is PM when it is AM :dontknow:

-Bob

Or an inappropriate time zone setting?

well my pc time is good… could it be something from the WD?

check what you have set for “hour to reset daily rain value” in the units setup from the control panel. Perhaps you have it set to 12 when it should be 0 for midnight?

yep! it was 12… set it to 0. Thanks guys!

Can i have the same problem with the icon showing Night? in the forecast its showing me the icon of the moon at night… its currently 8:31 and the sun is up… can get it. I just noticed that it changes from night time to clouds/sun at 1PM sharp

Check that you’ve entered the correct coordinates into WD for your station. WD calculates night/day based on latitude/longitude, so if you’ve got those wrong (perhaps put W instead of E for longitude) then you can get weird effects.

no no they are right 100%

what about your windows time zone, is that set correct?

The sunrise/set in the parsed clientraw look right if that eliminates anything.

I guess the next step is to see what the data in the clientraw.txt files says when the odd icons appear in WDL. That will answer the question about whether this is a WD or a WDL problem.

what will i have to look for?

Use the clientraw parser (I don’t have the URL on this laptop) to look what icon value is in the file when WDL is displaying something you don’t think is right. If WDL is correctly displaying the icon value in the clientraw.txt file then you need to look into why you’re getting the wrong value out of WD rather than investigating the problem in WDL.

well today at 11am it was clouds, yest at 1pm it changed…

The clientraw parser is located at:
http://www.tnetweather.com/weather/raw/

-Bob