Barometer Readings

Hi,
I have only had my WMR928N hooked up a week and all has been quite well till 9.71 s/w

Before this it worked selecting a WMR918. This now gives red data received indication.

WMR968 gives a green indication but the barometer reading does not agree with the display on the WMR928N

If I apply an offset it then tells me I have 2.40" of rain when it’s not rained (WMR928N indicates no rain). and the offset changes if you quit and reload the program.

e.g.
at the moment I have +61hpa and the readings match.
reload the program and it reads 9hpa higher than the WMR928 indicates.

And of course when I keep changing these values the s/w thinks a storm is heading my way :slight_smile:

I have the standard detectors connected to my station.

Thanks in advance for any help

Automan.

Just tried 9.71a to see if they helps with my problem but no.

On reloading WD it dreams up new offsets for the barometer reading and again when I correct the offset it say it rained 2.4" of rain!

This really messes up the air pressure graph and rain readings (no actual rain since install).

The output can be viewed at http://www.hummer.co.uk/weather/Seaford.htm

Also how do you stop the pointer on the air speed weather dials flashing red/yellow?

Many thanks

Automan.

Just tried 9.71a to see if they helps with my problem but no.

On reloading WD it dreams up new offsets for the barometer reading and again when I correct the offset it say it rained 2.4" of rain!

This really messes up the air pressure graph and rain readings (no actual rain since install).

The output can be viewed at Choose from GMC HUMMER EV Truck or SUV | Future Vehicles

Also how do you stop the pointer on the air speed weather dials flashing red/yellow?

Many thanks

Automan.

+61.0 is the correct offset for the WMR928. Are you using the ‘Save and Exit’ option to reload WD? If you’re just using Exit then that’s probably why your offset isn’t being saved.

Not sure why you’re getting 2.4" of rain. Check the rain offset when you’re changing the barometer offset to see if it’s set to 2.4" for some reason.

Chris,
Just checked again.
WMR928 and WD both display 1011 hpa offset set to +61

Save & Exit WD

Reload WD which now displays 1020 hpa

I reduce the offset to +52 which makes WD display 1002

Change offset again to +61 and WD displays 1011 again.

All my other offsets are at zero.

Also today I got an extra thermometer which I have placed on chn 1 for soil temperature.

How do I get WD to display this data?

Many thanks

Automan.

Just unistalled, rennamed wdisplay.ini, renamed wdisplay folder, deleted all reg keys with wdispaly in path. Reinstalled wd, corrected offset air pressure and got my 2.4" of rain again.

Now to reset all the ftp details etc :frowning:

Chris,
Any ideas?

Many thanks

Automan.

hi
so when you are adjusting barometer offset, rainfall is being added?
make sure no rain amount selected for daily rain , etc, maybe?
i need to do some new install tests with the wmr918 i have here, just been real hectic around here lately
email me direct automan with all your troubles and concerns
[email protected]

Brian

I can confirm that there is a bug.

The daily rain offset is being set to the same value as the barometer offset. 61mm is 2.4 inches of rain!

I’ve just adjusted my offset to correct to MSL and I’m showing the same error. I get 63mm added to the daily rain rate (which I can edit out of the log file) and also added to the rain in the last hour (which I can’t edit out).

Also the baro offset isn’t being saved when you exit/reload.

This is is using 9.71.

oh, a BUG!
ok, i found it
it only happens when use the manual input (that is a new feature), and I had copied the code from the manual rain input, DUH, i left in 1 line of code that addes rain…
next version fixes this, but using the slide correction prevents this bug.

and i have fixed it not being saved (it does get saved if you use the slide selection)

Barometer offset now okay - many thanks

However,
Since this weekend when I added a temp/humidity gauge on chn1 and a temp gauge on chn 2 I’m getting savage peaks in my main probe readings.

Temperature outside down to -42f and peaks of 9000f
Air pressure up to 281.07"
instant external temp changes from 61f to 31.9 then back up again
same inside and at the same moment humidity down to 0%

These glitches occur every few hours See http://www.hummer.co.uk/weather/Seaford.htm

I have also still failed to get WD to display meaningful reading from my new probes. Typically 32f or thousands of degrees :slight_smile:
very much as the readings which are leaking in on the main probe data.

The readings are all okay on the OG’s LCD display

Many Thanks

Automan (Ian)

ok, others report that
in the short period i tested, it was ok, but i will test again
i will also check if i have the crc error checking in place and or add my own error checking
i will do this in the next 24 hours

ah ha
i had disabled the CRC error checking for the WMR968 (but its still there for the WMR918)

adding back and checjking now
that will help!

i had disabled the crc error checking for the wmr968!!

and it is ok now!!

uploading a new 9.71e now

whew, thats been like for 6 months (it happened when i did some testing for supporting the temp only sensor (which i am still to finish)

but it didnot affect wmr918 owners

hence some people had the bug and some didnt!
:grab:

Something is still wrong here when running 9.71e. The extra sensor real-time graph is showing Sensor 1 temp/humidity as both zero. The WMR928 console is showing the correct (and changing) values. The Extra sensor settings also seem to track the WMR928 console settings, but sensor 1 sometimes takes a long time to update.

I’m also still getting intermittent solar readings of 100% even though it’s dark and sensor 1 (solar) is currently reading 01.degC lower than the outdoor temp!

a new 9.71e is ready now

Brian,
Just downloaded the latest realese…

Main display seems better showing chn 1 readings that match the lcd panel

However the extra sensor graph still seems in error (other than chn1 humidity)

it show chn1 temp 14.7f when it should be 37.0f

chn2 temp shown as 150.4f when it should be 69.4f

many thanks

Ian.

hi
ok, its a problem with the minimum scale offset on the extra sensor graph, i suspect
i have to go and cut some trees down now
I will investigate and fix then when i get back in 4 hours or so, once and for all!
:slight_smile:

Brian,
I’m afraid the main probe readings are still glitching with for example external humidity dropping to 0% from 51% then back to normal :frowning:

Ian.

hi
maybe try downloading 9.71e again, as I have not actulay allowed a zero for humidity now,…so i am thinking you still dont have the latest version…

9.72, ready now, should be OK
i found a fixed a bug, at least for sensor #3 for oC anyway

also, on the extra sensor graph, to find out what lines are which, go to the setup, and give each sensor a name, and tick display and then set for each sensor, then you will see all the lines, and then you can work out what line is what

9.72 is still doing odd things with the solar %.

Outdoor temp = 10.6
Solar sensor (1) temp = 10.1
Solar % = 0% → 75% → 0% → 75%

Extra sensor real time graph is still showing sensor 1 as 0degC and 0% humidity.