Two silly questions!

Question 1. - ALL TIME RECORDS What is the difference between “Record Low Temperature” and “Coldest Night”? My Record Low Temperature shows -3C on the 8th April at 05.53, where my Coldest Night shows -6.4C 12th Jan at 5.59. Surely the latter would be the record temperature. There is a similar instance with the warmest day and the record high temperature.

Please could someone explain and clarify

Question 2. Files generated for 24 hour readings as a .gif. e.g. 242003.gif for 2nd April 2003. How do I set up WD to create these files? Have I missed something. I have explored all the files within my PC and they appear not to be generated.

Any help would be grateful

The Warmest Day /Night and Coldest Day /Night needs to be reworked. The information is reversed.

As far as the files being generated. Do you leave your PC running all the time. I thought these got created at the midnight rollover.

Yes, my PC is left on with WD running 24/7. That is why I am not sure.

Thanks for letting me know about the All Time Records. Obviously I gather Brian is aware of this problem. I gather he will correct this with all his many other jobs he does with WD.

I think he and others believe the Warmest Day /Night and Coldest Day /Night is being reported correctly? I just can’t figure out how the nights average would ever be warmer than the days average (on average) ? Maybe someone can enlighten me again.

those files andy are only renamed on your web server at the time of ftp upload (i.e at the daily averages/extreme upload)

other Q:
that should not be the case
and, i am willing to change the way these numbers are calculated, instead of being :
the coldest or warmest temperature from 6pm or 6am,(average, but calculated on the fly) to calculating the 12 hour average only once the 12 hour average period has ended (and the the time of occurence is not needed, just the day)

i am willing to change the way these numbers are calculated, instead of being : the coldest or warmest temperature from 6pm or 6am,(average, but calculated on the fly) to calculating the 12 hour average only once the 12 hour average period has ended (and the the time of occurence is not needed, just the day)

I think I’ve said this before, but this calculation sounds good to me. Would it be worth adding warmest/coldest 24 hour averages (00:00-23:59) at the same time?

Thanks Brian for getting back so prompt. That would be great if you could change this, as I am sure as it is with others, it could cause a lot of confusion. I assume someone else must have picked this up in the past, or am I the first.

Thanks also for the other part regarding the 24hr records. I shall investigate further, but no doubt, I will expect need more assistance and clarification to set up.

those graph names are uploaded atuo at the averages/extreme upload times, if you have that option ticked, under web upload times…(upload date stamped daily graph files), but you wwill need lots of web server space…

I have 10Mb of web server space, is that sufficient

well, the daily graph files are small in size, but over time it starts to eat into the total web server sapce, but that might take 5 years

I can only try it out, and as my site gets bigger, I can only go and increase it’s capacity