Firefox/Carter lake WDL

Anybody have problems with Firefox and WDL with the Carterlake pages? The specific page works fine in IE but will not work in FF. FF will in fact display a full page WDL but doesn’t seem to like my Carterlake page. Improper code maybe?

www.branfordfire.com/weather/wx.html

I am confused now, did you mean the link does not work to wx10.html, or that FF shows the WDL as a full page?

Stuart

Just spotted a problem with the link which says

<li><a href="wx10.html" title="Live Weather"</a>Live Weather</li>

but should say

<li><a href="wx10.html" title="Live Weather">Live Weather</a></li>

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, I figured it was something easy, I’ll change it later today.

On wx10.html try using specific sizes rather than % that’s what I do on my WDL page which fits in the page OK for me, however I do currently use frames.

Stuart

Well actually I didn’t spot it, I use HTML Validator in FF. It’s an extension which highlights syntax problems and can be very useful.

Stuart

Stuart,

What would you suggest for sizing?

Hmmmmmm! That fixed the first problem, now the sizing seems to be the issue with FF. WDL seats very nicely with IE but FF is strange to say the least! Tried setting the height/width and it only changed IE, it had no effect on FF.

FF uses the “EMBED src=” code so try making your changes there.

there is some code in the template that affects the size of WDL when viewed in FF
its right at the start of the html code of the carterlake template
its in the FAQ on the forum what line to remove :wink:

Thanks, I’ll look at it tonight!

EMBED is depreciated and not XHTML 1.0 compliant… Use object instead…

See:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/13408

Unfortunately using actual sizes versus the percentage causes problems with the display. Rather than fitting itself into the size of the visitors browser it adheres to the size you specify. I found mine to be much smaller (800x800) and it was not centering on the page. Hopefully embed will not be eliminated completely.