My IpCam external Mobotix/canon a300/logitech quickcam vision, difference

Hi, I’ve a problem, I’m searching a Ipcamera for external device (over the roof in a heated eclosure housing) for good size image and resolution (640x480 or more) and night vision with IR, I don’t interested to video streaming-motion ecc…normal or wireless (I can connect ethernet line to router over the roof) only to update every minute a good image weather conditions (sky and mountain), I can spend up to 200

IR doesn’t normally work well over any distance since the IR lamps normally only reach for 25-30ft in distance.
$250 is a very low budget for what you are looking for especially with the housing and heating.

G’day from downunder…

Your focus looks a little soft…

I’m using an aviosys IP9100 http://www.aviosys.com.tw/ip9100aplus.htm ip cammera server (found it on ebay)… It works an absolute treat. it supports upto 4 external video sources, so you can then hookup a semi-reasonable cammera that has auto iris.

It does lots of streaming and fancy stuff. it can automagically push a file via FTP every time the image updates.

I’m currently running mine under test, with a php fetch script to collect the 4 cams every minute.
The results can bee seen at http://hamlynheightsweather.com/webcams2.htm

The other cams on there are for the php script testing as i wanted more than a single cam and only had one externally mounted cam.

Facing Geelong from Hamlyn Heights

“Rat Cam” BW IR cam in the roof.

Cheers,
Dave.

hi, at the end I’ve changed vivotek ipcam, now I use a digital camera canon powershot a300 with psremote :wink:
image resolutions 640x480 iso 100 all day (for save bandwidth) but I can change until 3Mpixel
only problem it’s with iso , for a good image I must change iso manually in psremote at 50 during the day and 400 during the night in psremote :wink:

other webcam image (view to northwest) with a logitech quickcam vision

ciao

Hi, I’ve added now a new professional cam, a Mobotix m22it with wide angle 60

Another mobotix, they do work well :smiley:

Is there a US dealer for them… they look nice.

For that price they should whistle “Dixie” and set off the bells at the local church at the top of every hour.

Indeed, i almost fell off my chair when i saw the prices 8O

I didnt think the prices were too bad considering they come with a personal photographer :slight_smile:

I guess it depends on your “pocket”. I can think of a LOT of things I need more than an $800 camera taking pictures of the sky. Personally I use my weather rock. If its wet there’s rain, if its white on top there’s snow, if it’s gone there was a lot of wind.

Did you miss the last 7 words of Bashy’s comment :lol:

Alot cheaper than my camera 8O

I should give up this humor lark, it don’t bode too well lol
But i do love the sound of the weather rock, you should get a camera for it
so we call all benefit from it :slight_smile:

I do have a Kodak camera from the 1940’s that I could use for a “Rockcam” but I can’t seem to find a place on it to connect the necessary wiring.#-o