Extra RealTime Sensor Graph readings spike

I am using WD 10.36i, Davis VP2 + Soil/Moisture Sensors, etc.

When I am plotting the readings from my remote soil temp/moisture sensor there seems to be one channel on this graph that periodically shows positive spikes that give a reading of 9027.1 F when you move the cursor over the spike on the graph. This reading spike is only on my main #1 soil temp sensor channel. It doesn’t matter what physical sensor is plugged in (i have three) the problem is stays with the same channel not the sensor. I have swapped the sensors around and rechecked for loose connections, but it always stays with the main #1 soil temp sensor channel.

I can see there is really no such spike from the soil temp sensor data, because the Davis desktop station captures no unusual maximum readings. When I go to Averages/Extremes it shows what I would expect as the maximum soil temp for the day: for example 64.9 F. So it seems like this is a bug in the graphing software only.

You can see my current graph here:
http://brobergs.us/Weather/extrarealtimegraph.jpg
The redline on this graph is showing the spikes.
Thanks, David

that will be an overscale problem
you can customise the scale ranges, and so set the scale range bigger

The scale was originally -20 to +120. I extended it from -20 to +150. How big do I need to go?

those like more like data spikes than scale problems
hummmm

Thanks for looking into this. Is there some place to look at the stored (captured) data reading in tabular form for the soil-temp readings?

Brian,
Is there any place besides the Davis Console unit where I can check the data log to see if the spikes are stored, or a graphing bug? As I noted in the original post, when I check the Davis unit for max readings for this sensor, it doesn’t have any unusual spikes in the reading or with it’s on-screen graph. The only spikes I’m seeing are on the WD graph.

Thanks,
David

David,
do you run a CA Security program by any chance?
I had spikes on my extra temp sensors, and after
I changed back to ZoneAlarm it is alright again.

Cheers, Rolf.

Not CA, but I am running Comodo firewall. Seems unlikely that the firewall would cause spikes in just one data set though.

Thanks, maybe I’ll try to disable it long enough to see if it’s a factor.

Update: I turned off the firewall and within 30 minutes I got two more spikes. I guess that was not it.

OK, lets hope someone else will have a answer.

Cheers, Rolf

Bump.

I know the soil temp is not -148 F! And I’m still getting the spiked readings on this graph.

Anyone have any ideas?