e-rice down?

Is e-rice down?
Anyone have a phone number for e-rice support?

I don’t use e-rice.net but their main site is up and running fine for me…

-Bob

My e-rice sites are up, zalmor’s site appears to be up.

e-rice does not have phone support (for that price), enter a ticket in your member area for support.

I would if I could access their site from either of my computers, neighbors computer won’t access them either. carterlake.org doesn’t show up from here on either of my computers, server not found. Carterlake uses the same hosting site of e-rice. Must be a node down somewheres on the net.

I’m using e-rice and my website is fine…but as you said, I cannot access Tom’s site (carterlake).

–Tim

http://carterlake.org/ Tom’s site working for me without any problem as well…

-Bob

Nevermind, Tom’s site is working now.

–Tim

That sounds more like a DNS issue than a server down issue.

Make sure that your provider’s DNS servers are up, or try using another DNS server if you have access to it.

I don’t see any issues with his or your site other than the fact you are not updating right now.

Sounds like a regionalized issue with the Internet…

You can also email…

supportATe-rice.net

(checking my stats page… I do not see any significant gaps in visitors all day)

I cant get to any of those sites. (Tom’s, Zalmor’s,or Newtownweather)

I think it’s a Road Runner issue

Yes, must be a problem in the routing somewhere. Sam Spade for Windows is useful to see where the connection is failing, the trace option shows all the steps in the route (try something that works like www.yahoo.com first to see what to expect).

More than likely, its a RR issue as you stated. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. :banghead:

The samspade site isn’t accessible from here either, I’ll check back later for that site.

I would contact your provider to let them know you have lost access to a large part of the net. As mentioned before, it is most likley DNS related.

The ability to send email to site you cannot current see, most likely won’t work either for the same reasons.

I would suspect it’s something broken in routing not just DNS. If DNS is broken you can try using the IP instead of the URL. Open IE or FF, type 64.246.52.193 in the address box and hit return.

Interestingly I can’t get to sam spade now either…

Its most likely a local issue since network availability looks good over the past 4 hours

The ip above works, but most of the menus at e-rice use names. A local RR worker here said the problem was with RR not resolving DNS names, he put in a ticket with RR on it. The more people putting in tickets, the faster it might be fixed… hint 8O hint 8O

Aha, score one for Kevin then :slight_smile:

Its spreading… oh boy… #-o