Help with the carter lake template

I am working at redoing my site with the carter lake template. I am preaty much done but if everyone rembers the problem I had with all the ? on my site were the degres should be? Well I have them again.

How can I get rid of them there? Or are they going to be stuck there, Its strage some are working and some are not.

Thanks for anyone that can give me some help.

i see you are using frames…make it hard to view the source, to offer help
but i think the problem is with your ISP …its not delivering up on the °

I don’t belive it is useing frames. I had the same problem with my first site on the same server. But someone told me to put into the site and it fixed it. Thanks for the reply

I did put that code on the main page http://www.unknowngalaxy.com/~Fox_Of_THe_Wind/weather/wx.html but it did not do any good.

how is the degree symbol coded in the wxlocal page - it seems ° works fine, but perhaps not if

[quote author=Martyn link=topic=19230.msg149171#msg149171 date=1160688092]
how is the degree symbol coded in the wxlocal page - it seems ° works fine, but perhaps not if

I guess then all it is required is go do a find/replace to change all

[quote author=Martyn link=topic=19230.msg149173#msg149173 date=1160688425]
I guess then all it is required is go do a find/replace to change all

you would need to add the ° after those custom tags
like you did for:
%feelslike% °F
but also, in wd, in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup, untick, show units

You’re specifically telling people’s browsers to display that way…

Original template code:

<title>Your Weather Station</title>

<meta name="description" content="Personal weather station." />

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="[color=red]application/xhtml+xml;[/color] charset=ISO-8859-1" /></blockquote>

And your header information says…

<title>De Soto Valley Weather</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="[color=red]text/html;[/color] charset=ISO-8859-1"></blockquote>

Well if you are talking about why I changed the meta tage from the orginal it is because it was not working right for me with the orginal one. Or I just might be total missing what you are saying. Well anyway I put the tage back to the way it was to start with. I must get to bed its 5:15 AM

That is a great idea if I can’t get that tage to work for me I will do that. Thanks (That is the price I pay useing a free webserver)

Well I made my move the site is now totaly changed over to the carter template. If anything don’t look right please give me a yell or send me a email. Thanks.

Looks good. Got you added to the template page. :thumbright:

Might play around with the .css file’s colors and customize your look.

The menu for wx6 appears to be different from the other pages. Also, I think you want “Lightning” not “Lighting” for wx11.

I’m getting a horizontal scroll bar (using IE + 1280 wide screen), doesn’t this template usually self adjust to the screen width?

Very minor. I’m reading lighting in the left menu instead of lightning.
Goog job.

The look okay for me (IE resized to 800x600, FF the same)

Strange, I see the scroll bar on 3 PC’s with different screen sizes.

A couple of very minor issues:

The header of the Links page is “De Soto VAlley Weather”

On the “About Us” page “The data is collected every 1 seconds” should be every 2.5 seconds. Also I suspect you mean “thermo-hygro” instead of “thermo-hydro”.

Site looks fine here, no horizontal scroll bars here. Just those few spelling errors and on your home page the lightning link is missing from your navigation bar.

Chuck