Big moonlight turns night to day for webcam

It’s been raining for over 24 hours here, a bit unusual. However, tonight it stopped for a bit and the 14 day-old moon lit up the sky, even through the broken clouds. Although my Toshiba cam routinely does OK at night using its slow-shutter feature, the full moon made the evening look like daytime. I thought it was unusual for a night shot.

The only editiing of the original was a jpg resolution reduction from about 250K to 42K, and it really didn’t change it much. The original 250K image can be viewd here.

Wow, good picture. Exactly what cam is that?

The cam is powered by a Toshiba IK-WB11A Network Camera in wireless mode. All live feeds, still photos and time-lapse video are processed by a combination of ImageSalsa & MovieSalsa software, which overlay the video and stills with graphics and weather data. (a cut & paste from my About page :wink:)

It has great resolution and practically sees in the dark, but the PTZ firmware is a bit slow. I keep hoping for an update.

Wonderful products those ImageSalsa and MovieSalsa, aren’t they ? :slight_smile:

So what’s the dollar damage for one of those cameras these days ?

Oh, and for that matter what’s the realistic range for the wireless with them ?

A quite google turned up a price of approx $500 US for the Toshiba cam.

And a QUICK google search probably would’ve found the same. :wink:

I must remember, google is my friend !:slight_smile:

A bit pricey though for my liking, unless it had some super wireless range though.

Oz, mine is getting a good signal at about 100’/30m through two interior drywall walls and one exterior drywall and log wall to my front porch. I’m happy with it, even though I’ve ready other comments saying the range isn’t terribly good.

Does it allow you to change antennas on it? … can you hook up a yagi to it so as to greatly increase the range ?

No, everything is internal, it is a sealed system with no external jacks except for power and ethernet (for wired usage).