CW operations - tests OK, but doesn't update

I have it set for 10 minute updates - and the CW-Op test sends the FTP without a problem. But after that - nothing. I’m using 10.35X version - anything new I should be doing to send out the regular updates?

Thanks!
Jim / CW2377

Jim,

Make sure that you have upload times set (i.e. every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.).

–Tim

Double-checked that - shows every 10 minutes. Latitude & longitude are set and confirmed. showing 'indiana.aprs2.net as the HUB server to use, and the checkbox is set. Server rotation setup (whatever that is!) set to socal.aprs2.net port 23 and 2nd server is indiana.aprs2.net and port 23…

Linksys router blocking it? It shouldn’t be, if the ‘view your data’ test FTP works ok, right???

make sure the main internet switch is ON in the connections setup in the ftp/internet setup
and you have ticked,use weather displays ftpupd.exe program, or if not , tick, still use for all other

Man - there’s a zillion screens and options!!! The Main Internet Switch was on, and the 'use WD’s own FTP (untick to create files localy only) was checked. I unchecked that, and clicked on the one below it - 'still use Ftpupd.exe for everything but normal uplads (i.e. if on a server).

Will give that a try - thank you!

jim

no
dont untcik, use weather display’s ftpupd.exe
that needs to be ticked
i did not say to untick that

also, what weather station type?
i.e is WD connected to a weather station and showing current data?

Looks like CW2377 sent something around 3 hrs ago…did something change between now and then?

Mike

you may want to do a hard reboot of the computer as well…

Wx station is a Peet Brothers Ultimeter 2100, with new firmware and anemometer setup - and into a HP Pavilion desktop - Windows XP Home version. Data is running into the WD without a problem.

I did a shutdown and reboot, cleaned up old files (and registry scan), and am back up and running. Changed CWOP to every 5 minutes for data send. Will see what happens. (and did make sure the “use WD own FTP (untick to create local files only)” IS checked (not the one below, that’s greyed out). WD version 10.35X.

jim

====> Nope - doesn’t appear to be updating. Test still works fine, but nothing after that.

Hi
one thing
check under setup, create aprs file(wxnow.txt), then setup com port out to a TNC
and make sure that is not enabled

No - that was turned off…hmmmm…the mystery deepens…!

i think that will be it
but you might not have been looking in the correct place maybe
best thing is to zip and email me your settings files (see in the faq for how to do that)

Have a look at the screen shot of my settings and carefully compare with yours.
Mine work.

aprs.jpg

make sure this switch is off, see screen shot i have posted…->

Same settings - to both screen shots. The only difference is that I am using a CWOP ID, and not a ham call. The screen shot that Brian put on is the same as mine - turned off.

jim

Any reason not to use your ham call? Try that as an option.

also in the connection setup in the ftp/internet setup, can you post a screen shot of that?

I can do a ‘print screen’ and paste into Word or something, but can’t figure out how to get it here! Please advise!

Press “ctrl” and “printscreen” together when the correct screen is being viewed.

Go to “start” “accessories” “paint” and with paint open press “ctrl” and “v” at the same time. That should put your screen in paint. Then save as a “gif” or “jpeg” file and email it to Brian as it will be to large to attach to the forum response.

This is what my “connections” page in ftp & connections looks like

GL

ftp.jpg