Kudo's to WxSim

My forecast was the only one to correctly predict a chance of showers in my area. Congrats to WxSim. While this small storm did not hit my station it was only a few miles away. And as you can see from the photo I can see a long ways from my location.

You’re right on target with kudos for WxSim and my hat is off to Tom, too. WxSim is more often right about rain where I live than NWS and local forcasters. A happy and sunny 85 degrees to all from the Gulf Coast!

Yup! Tom is the real deal! He has put so much work into this program, and into my customization!! If you don’t already have WXSIM (and WXSIMATE)… GET IT!

:slight_smile:

Have thought several times about getting WXsim and WXsimmate. Am running a Davis VP2 with WD. I know from things that Tom has said in the past is that the beauty of WXSim is the ability to “tweak” variables to see what the outcome is.

However, as a non-physicist and humble weather hobbyist, I am wondering whether WXSim can be configured just to give a forecast “as is” by sucking in current data off the net and my VP to generate a forecast that is reasonably accurate. Playing around with the variables on the Demo versions can give me wildly different forecasts…

That’s the beauty of it. WxSim is capable of keeping doing indepth analysis for those who wish, or just sitting there producing hourly unattended forecasts which is how I use it 90% of the time. I find it extremely accurate in automatic mode and have happily watched it beat NWS forecasts time after time. I don’t think you will be disappointed. - Jim

I’d have to second that. And in addition, Jim and several others have developed a killer script to make it very easy to the get data via the net. You won’t be disappointed.

–Dave

OK… You have talked me into it, and I have ordered WXsim and Wxsimate. Stand by for lots of newbie questions in due course…!

That didn’t take much talking. :slight_smile: Congratulations you won’t be sorry.

–Dave