VPLive Configuration Question

Hate to show my ignorance but . . . .
Am using Virtual VP on a dedicated weather computer with one com port open. Have a wireless LAN as meggisi. Would like to view VPLive from Office Computer. How do I set this up?
TIA
George

The basic steps to do this are:

1. Configure one of VirtualVP’s virtual consoles to use TCP/IP. For example you could configure virtual console #4 to use TCP/IP, and port 5514.

2. If you have any firewall on your computer, you’ll need to allow an exception for VirtualVP to accept connections on port 5514.

3. If you are going to transmit via the internet (vs. just using your home network) then you’ll need to configure any routers or firewall devices you have to do port forwarding of port 5514 to the computer running VirtualVP. If you’re exposing VirtualVP to the internet, you should also use the “Console Protection” option found in VirtualVP’s Communications Settings dialog. This will prevent any software connected to that virtual console from being able to change the Vantage Pro console’s configuration or data. Also be aware that anytime you expose a port to the internet, you increase your security risk.

4. Install one of the TCP/IP to Serial redirector drivers (Lantronix Redirector or HWSVP) on the computer that will run VPLive remotely. The VirtualVP manual (in the appendix) describes how to set these up, and my website contains links for downloading them http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html

5. Configure VPLive to use the com port created in step 4.

1. VPLive can connect directly to a VirtualVP TCP/IP port. You set it up in VPLive’s Communications settings dialog. Enter the IP address of the computer that is running VirtualVP.

If you run into a problem. I’ll do my best to answer any specific question you have.

Steve