Problem with Compare to Actuals

Tom when I tried to do ‘Compare to actuals’ of my retrocast it gave me an error - ‘Error occured at line 578: Subscript out of range’ which terminates the retrieve module. I am trying to do a compare of data for the past 5 days 27th to 31st August. I suspect this is to do with being close to the end of month…

Stuart

I had that problem at the end of last month. Just tried today and I didn’t get the error and was able to compare back for a week. I have been doing 3 day forecasts until yesterday when I changed to 4.

–Dave

Just done some more testing on this and it seems to blow up on any fore4casst which goes past the 28th August. I have checked the most likely logs for errors but cant find any 82006lg.txt 82206vantagelog.txt 82006lgsun.txt are all OK. Any others it needs that I should check?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Regarding that first-of-the-month error, I believe I corrected that last month, so make sure you have the latest version (WXSIM 11.2.2) from my web site.

If there’s another cause of the error, I’d probably need to have your actual log files and forecast files. Could you send me 82006lg.txt, 92006lg.txt, 82006vantagelog.txt, 92006vantagelog.txt, and whatever .wxf file(s) you were trying to retreive and compare? When the error pops up in the development environment, it’s usually a lot easier to find.

Thanks!

Tom

This seems not to be associated with the 1st of the month but it only happens on specific forecasts (or retrocasts). I can do a view text or view plots ok on the forecasts. However if I try to compare to actuals on the forecast from either the 27th or 28th August and do 5 days it blows up with this error. If I reduce the no of days to compare for the 27th to 2 it works OK, on the 28th I have to reduce it to 1 day before it works. If I do the same for the forecast for the 29th August it works no problem no matter how many days I compare!

I guess it has to be some anomaly in my logs for the 28th/29th but so far I cant see it.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

It must be something unusual in your log files OR the forecast(s) you’re retrieveing. If you want to send me the log files for August and September (…lg.txt and …vantagelog.txt) and the “offending” .wxf file(s), I can probably figure it out.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom I found the offending single character in the log file causing this. There was on entry for one minute in on the 29th August in 82006lg.txt which had a date value of 2) instead of 29!

Sorry to have bothered you…

Stuart