Live from Branford, CT

Still a work in progress and open to suggestions #-o !!!

http://www.branfordfire.com/weather/wx10.html

(Edited 11/06/06)

Hello,

Overall I would have to say good job :slight_smile:

But, isn’t there always a but…

I am a big navigation freak and if you click on any of the additional weather links there is no link back or to other portions of the site and i would strongly recommend placing at least a link back to the main page or some sort of navigation…

But still nice inclusion of WDL in the main page :slight_smile:

Just my two (less than $0.001 inflation adjusted) cents :wink:

-Bob

Thanks Bob, good point. I spent so much time "inserting, correcting, adjusting etc. that I forgot about the small stuff. This will give me something to do tomorrow!

Suggestions are easy… :slight_smile: Careful what you ask for…

Actually, contrary to Bob comment, I’m not a big fan of using WDL on a home page. Having to wait while the home page loads it Java, flash etc… is annoying especially when the sites main purpose is not weather.

I’m a big fan of WDL, use it myself, but I really don’t think it belongs on the home page of most sites. It uses a lot of resource of the browser and many times people just don’t need that type of information.

There are many ways that you can get basic quick to load highlight weather stats to the front page and for those that want more information about “weather” a link that takes them to the fancy stuff.

Also, I note that your left side Menu bar with department stats is out wider than the page title header and causes the page to be wider than the screen creating the need for a scroll bar. Sites look a lot nicer and are easier to navigate without the need for a scrollbar at the bottom to try to see the whole page. For users that have newer higher resolution screens it might fit, but the avg is still 800x600 and for those it will have a lot of content off the screen which they may not even realize is there.

Your SSL certificate is not authoritive. You should get a real certificate and make sure the webserver is properly configured to see it as trusted.

Lastly, as a publically funded organization, you might need to look into accessibility access for your site.

Other than those… Its a nice clean looking layout.

Just one persons opinion…