os problems.

Hi i have an Oregion scientific wmr928nx and i find the provided manual useless.My rain Gauge seems to be 60% higher then my manual rain gauge?I have noticed that tyhe toes on my rain Gauge have been broken a little does that have a big enough effec to cause problems?

On my console i have the letters HHH appear what does this mean?

Thanks i appreciate any feedback.

Shane

You may find this pdf manual more useful than the one you got with the station (thanks to Nick for finding it).

The rain gauge must be level, if the feet are broken then it may not be. You can use a spirit/bubble level to test that.

Was it new? If so then the feet shouldn’t be broken, send/take it back for exchange.

I’m not too familiar with the OS but I would guess HHH may mean that it is not receiving the signal from the sensor.

If I remember correctly, HHH indicates the 999mm/hr rate has been exceeded, i.e. its an overload alarm… I’m guessing that rain rate hasn’t actually occured? If not, there is a problem with the sensor. Have you tried resetting the sensor and the main display unit? (btw, “—” indicates loss of signal with a sensor in the OS stations).

Rain gauge location has a significant effect on received rainfall - are the manual and OS gauges located in the same place? I’ve noticed significant differences in rainfall by moving the gauge only a few feet. This might explain the difference between the gauges?

I’ve just had to replace my rain gauge after 18 months as it went nuts (see post elsewhere on this forum) :frowning:

Rgds

Thanks for the help with the hhh,I suppose that makes sense.

I have another question about problems with my os weather station.

When checking the dew point it shows LL.LdegC approximately 50% of the time?

any suggestion on what this means?

Yes, the detailed manual suggested by [i]nikoshepherd[/i] states:
If the recorded conditions are out of the operating range listed in the specifications, HHH or LLL appears on the monitor.

This suggests that the dew point being recorded is below -10c (WMR928N specs. state dew point temperature range is between -10c and +60c). Does this make any sense in your location? My meteorology is a bit rusty at this stage, however my gut would tell me that perhaps something isn’t right with this sensor either…

Rgds

Shane might I suggest that you add your location and weather station type to your profile as both of these pieces of information often help in answering questions.

Stuart

Is this a new ‘out of the box’ system Shane?

The post ref damaged feet on the raingauge seem to imply that it isn’t.
We certainly haven’t had indications of Dew point < 0oC in the Uk for a few months.

If it is a second user setup, priorities are to check all cells in your transmitters ( the backup removeable ones )
If they show much less than 1.1V, each set in that unit needs replacing.

Another quirk of the 928 is when connecting, ensure that the connector is firmly clicked home. It sometimes disconnects when you screw the two halves together.
Run your console using the transformer rather than relying on the backup cells. If you start using the WD software this is an essential.
Ensure that each transmitter is showing a red signal intermittently and using your console hold down the CHANNEL button and release it and the unit will then search for your signals.

Thanks for all your help and i would really appreciate some help on the following question.

Thanks in advance Shane

You might also ask Oregon why when checking the dew point it shows LL.LdegC approximately 50% of the time.What does this mean?

I am located in Sydney Australia.So the answer to the below question is similar to the Lacrosse technology (OFL) which meands readings are outside of range and their for my system is faulty as i am in sydney and are within the range.