WXSIM 11.1

Hi Everybody,

WXSIM 11.1 is now up at www.wxsim.com. It now has WeatherLink as well as Weather Display support for the forecast/actual comparisons (though the WD version is a bit more direct, as the WL option requires first importing data through WXSIMATE). The comparisons can now be saved as a .csv spreadsheet file, and you can view a list of the forecasts you’ve combined for comparison. I think the comparison routine is now robust enough to get really good data on how WXSIM is doing. I was able to quickly combine a few dozen forecasts among the 200+ I’d saved over the past year.

I also improved the saved forecast .csv files, making the column headings left-justified for better visibility and including the secondary weather description (I’d meant to earlier, but had left out a variable declaration - now fixed).

(As for that price increase, I just went up about 9 dollars on WXSIM and 4 on WXSIMATE).

Thanks!

Tom

Tom, I can’t get the retreival module to “see” my WD logfiles directory. It insists on looking in c:\wxsim for my logfiles and they are actually on another computer on my network.

Dan check the path in retini.txt in the wxsim directory and edit if necessary.

Stuart

I re-installed 11.01 and verified it still worked. Saw your post so I re-installed 11.1 and checked the retini.txt file and it showed X:\logfiles. I then ran the retrieve module and it failed. Re-checked retini.txt and it showed C:\wxsim. I edited the file to show the X:\logfiles and re-ran the retrieve and it changed it back to C:\wxsim.

Hi everybody,

Yep - it’s a bug! :frowning:

It shouldn’t be too hard to fix. I’m working on it and hope to have a repaired version up in a few hours.

Thanks!

Tom