BUGS,BUGS,BUGS...look in here and find them!

Guys,
Just an idea. Lets post a brief description of what ver we are running and the bugs in here for Brian to scroll through…may help him a bit. No responses to each other, just bugs you have. I’ll go first:

WD 9.62E
No animated webcam updates.
No daily webcam updates.
Stopped raining stuck on.
No value over zero for March record rain rate.
Solar temp value with no solar probe(???)
Animated Webcam Title in setup says “S.E. View” but web says default.

:slight_smile:

Brain,

The webcam is my problem…no doubt. I need a newer PCI video card that has certified drivers for XP to make Direct-X work 100%. I’m not real worried about that for now.
The windspikes have been gone for a while now. The high rain rate is still at zero. The lable for Indoor Temp won’t change from “Indoor Temp” Look at the indoor humidity on the webpage. It says “Shop Hum”. In WD I have both labled “Shop” but only one changed. The Red alarm LED keeps coming on and when I click to see all the alarm LED’s, they are all green! Not sure where that is coming from.

...The Red alarm LED keeps coming on and when I click to see all the alarm LED's, they are all green! Not sure where that is coming from.
I have seen that periodically for a long time (Months). It doesn

humm, seems like there has been some moderatoring going on in this thread…of people letting off steam…which is OK by me to let of steam…i dont delete peoples posts, but Chris may have, and that was his choice and probably a could thing to do …?
been another day out away from WD:
trying on a suit for my brothers wedding, early next month…
and then a doctors visit re options to have no more kids!
LOL
rain rate:
check you dont have it set to use the wm918 rain rate instead>?
(under setup, geneal and misc)
as the rain rate is Ok for me, and i have not had any other reports like that

i think that is OK now?
Animated Webcam Title in setup says “S.E. View” but web says default…
please explain more??
thanks

hi all,

of course we all have some bugs and others things who makes the day rainy and grey…LOL

but it’s not the way to drop here all your frust’s and others to let see what makes your live unbearable :smiley:
Of course I recognize (some of) the mention ones, but i thinks it makes it more working to put it on the threads from that particular topic, then Brian can see (bundled) what’s an exception or not (even if it is, he oftenly wants to intervent )

I don’t see any surplus value of this thread and ask you to ‘don’t shoot the pianist’ … :twisted:

check you dont have it set to use the wm918 rain rate instead>?
(under setup, geneal and misc)
as the rain rate is Ok for me, and i have not had any other reports like that

OK, checked that and changed it…

i think that is OK now?

OK

Animated Webcam Title in setup says “S.E. View” but web says default…
please explain more??

In the setup under summary image on webpage tab , there is a box to fill in for webcam title. I have “SSE View”. The webpage says “Animated Webcam”. Not a problem now, i’m not running a cam.

ah, if animated webcam option, then it just simly says animated web cam
i need to change to say animated web cam looking SE (or what ever)
i can fix that one :slight_smile:

hey, i have figured out the no flashing alarm problem, after it happended to me, after heavy rain overnight (68mm)
the alarm to flash is reset on the hour!
it has been like that since year dot.
i was also set individual timers for each alarm to reset 1 hour later, instead of on the hour…
i have fixed that now, for the next version

web cam:
you can use a 3rd party program to capture the web cam, and wd can still do everything it can if it captures it, with that image (see 3rd party web cam software setup)

OK,

I looked today, WD on the webpage still giving a solar temp reading. I don’t have a solar probe.
Also, WD showing a cloud base of 9,532 feet and there is not a cloud in the sky for 200 miles. Metar shows “clear”. I will mess with the webcam at a later date, much later.

if there is going to be clouds, that is the estimated height they will form at.
you need to understand that…i.e it doesnt mean there is actualy clouds at that height!
re web cam
also, if you are using the custom internet file creation/upload, i have split out more files from the misc files, but the the daily web cam upload is now in the new misc.once a day upload setup

apparent solar temp
if you go to view, extra sensor dials, so you see the apparent solar temp guage there?

You must be in front of the computer…

View…Extra Sensor Dials…

Don’t see that tab anywhere :frowning:

oops, try right mouse click on main screen, or right mouse click on the screen dial

a new 9.64 is ready now
which fixes the long standing bug of going to the weather warning setup and not seeing which LED was flashing (it would be Ok if you check it before the next hour change after the warning occured)
sometimes 1 line of code can sit there and you can look at it and not realise that its the culprit
i am a real duffess sometimes
sorry

Brian,

You’re not a “duffess” and we all appreciate your hard work. Hope your kids are improving.

I’m currently using version 9.63a, but these two recurring problems have been around through the last dozen or so versions I’ve used.

1. The extreme conditions/daily low is wrong every day, even though the daily high is correct. Currently, I have to edit the wdisplay.ini file several times a day to get the value to stay correct.

2. the View/All time records always shows a “Coldest [month] temperature” that is way too low.

The “View/Alltime/Set values” option does NOT change the values when I use “coldest temperature for month.”

I have tried to understand the values that appear in the wdisplay.ini file to understand where the strange values are coming from, but I’ve had no success. Perhaps if you look at these two sections, you’ll see something I don’t. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

[Record monthly high temp]
nov year=2002
nov=251
nov day=20
dec year=2002
dec=258
dec day=18
jan=323
jan year=2003
jan day=21
feb=264
feb year=2003
feb day=23
mar=265
mar year=2003
mar day=7

[Record monthly low temp]
nov year=2002
nov=4
nov day=28
dec year=2002
dec=-15
dec day=6
jan=-51
jan year=2003
jan day=24
feb=-102
feb year=2003
feb day=25
mar=-101
mar year=2003
mar day=10

The “View/Alltime/Set values” option does NOT change the values when I use “coldest temperature for month.”

ok, i will check thatmar=-101 **** this is -10.1 oC (i.e so entering -10.1 should update this entry)
mar year=2003
mar day=10

ok, i have found some problems, and fixed them
note, the get button:
you need to set the month and year first…
and make sure you click on get after setting the value
also, the view changes now works better

uploading a new vers soon

9.64b should fix the apparent temperature
(its now a option under the solar setup)

Hi Brian,

Thanks for looking at this. I have 9.64b now, and “coldest [month] temp” problem appears to be fixed.

I’m still puzzled about the differences between the extreme conditions minimum daily low shown on the main screen (currently 53.6) and the daily low temperature shown on the “extreme conditions” subscreen (currently 63.9).

Can you explain this?

i cant explain that, as they both share the same variable
anyone else see that?
but it might be that the values in the daily hi/lo only update less often than req
i.e when you go to view them, they need to update then
that might be it
i will look into that

Hi Brian,

The problem on the minimum temperatures seems related to some data spikes that show up in the log and on the realtime graph. Last night at 11:34 PM, there was a data spike on the RT graph, and the log shows that the temperature and humidity dropped for five minutes:

11 03 2003 23 34 63.5 98 62.9 28.792 3 6 158 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 63.5
11 03 2003 23 35 46.2 82 41.0 28.792 3 7 156 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 46.2
11 03 2003 23 36 46.2 82 41.0 28.792 3 7 157 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 46.2
11 03 2003 23 37 46.2 82 41.0 28.792 3 7 171 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 46.2
11 03 2003 23 38 46.2 82 41.0 28.792 5 7 183 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 46.2
11 03 2003 23 39 46.2 82 41.0 28.792 3 5 169 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 46.2
11 03 2003 23 40 63.5 98 62.9 28.792 3 5 157 0.000 0.000 0.079 5.433 63.5

I can see that this may not only be a software problem, but if you (or anyone else) have any suggestions for resolving this, I’ll be very appreciative.[/img]