Problem with WXSimate and rain fall from VP1 with WD

Tom this morning when I ran WXSimate to get my local data I noticed a small problem. We had 0.3mm of rain during the night around 02:00 and this run was at about 07:48 this morning. As you can see from the attached screen shot WXSimate had calculated this rainfall event had ended 14.02 hours ago, which cannot be correct. This 0.3mm is the only rain for over 24 hours. I manually corrected it at import time but I thought I should tell you about it.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the report. I wasn’t able to replicate it here with files I have (the hours since it rain came out correct), but there may be something different about your case. Could you perhaps email me your July and August log files?

Thanks!

Tom

Could it be a time zone issue? I had a problem with the forum software where it miscalculated the time zone offset when users in particular time zones tried to auto-calculate the offset at particular times of the day.

Stuart,

I can’t seem to reproduce the error, even using your data. I get between 5 and 6 hours since the 0.30 rain quit. I don’t think it’s a time zone issue, because WXSIMATE is just using the times in your WD file and the time in your text box.

A possible clue, though: you have 7:01 in the box, and I can’t seem to get it to say that. Exactly what time was it when you ran it?

You might try experimenting with it a bit. Try entering other times in the upper hour text box.

Let me know how it goes!

Tom

I just tried again this morning as we had just one rain tick recorded about 03:30 and it has correctly calculated thehours since last rain, so I am puzzled. Maybe the difference today was that this was not the only rain in the past 24 hours which was the case if I remember correctly when it failed before. I’ll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Stuart