CWOP Upload suddenly stopped working

For some reason uploads to CWOP suddenly stopped working today. If I hit the Test button, a line of data is sent, but that is all. Any suggestions?

if you click on test, is the data then updated on the cwop web site?
make sure the main internet switch is ON in the connections setup
also make sure that you have ticked to use ftpupd.exe in the connections setup
also make sure that there is current data from your weather station
also after data is sent (auto or manual), check under view, ftp log, and check for any errors

My data has been uploading continuously for several days. I was out of the house when it stopped working. For good measure, I rebooted my machine. When I press the Test button, the data is uploaded to CWOP (see CW6155 – the uneven data items are around now are from my manual tests). I just checked the error log and see this:

ERROR: Invalid floating point operation at time/date 2:05:25 AM 8/8/06
ERROR: Invalid floating point operation at time/date 2:06:04 AM 8/8/06

Could this be related? I’m using version 10.35B for Windows NT.

yes, that most likely is related, if its happening at the same time…
i will have to update the NT version and get one to you with the debug code in it to see what is causing that error (there must be something about your data its not liking)

I think you told me version J was the most recent version for NT. Should I try that first? One other thing. For a few minutes, there were two copies of WD running at the same time. This is because I forgot I had set it up to automatically load at bootup, so I started it up manually, and it automatically started as well. When I realized what had happened, I opened the task list and terminated all WD processes and restarted.

Well, I went ahead and upgraded to version j. It’s doing the same thing. Meanwhile, WU is proceeding just fine. I guess I’ll turn in now and check back tomorrow sometime.

the other thing is to email me your data and settings, to see if can duplicate here
zip and email me the datafiles latest.inf, month82006.inf, month82006direction3.inf
and your settings file wdisplay.ini from where wd is installed, and wdisplayftp.reg, after going action, back up registry entry now

It suddenly started working again overnight. Do you still want me to email the stuff to you? Or would that now be a waste of time since it’s working again?

hi
i would have needed the data files when it was not working…
what has changed?
(weather wise, etc)?

Nothing changed with the software. It started working while I was sleeping. As far as the data goes, I have no idea. You may be able to glean something by comparing my CWOP data to my wunderground data, the latter of which never stopped working. Here are links to both:

First, a link to the data that wasn’t updating (so you can get an idea of the timeframe). You’ll probably want to click on your favorite data link to see what was going on at the time things stopped working:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=CW6155&last=48

The miscellaneous data items in the middle of the large gap are from when I hit the test button. Hitting the test button was always successful.

Here is a link to the weatherunderground data for the timeframe when the failure started.
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTXAUSTI48&day=7&year=2006&month=8
The reason there is so much data is that I stopped weather display briefly and allowed weatherlink to update weather underground. My station saves data every minute, so that’s what uploaded.

I don’t see anything in the pattern of data that is unusual.

It’s doing it again. This time I took a snapshot of all the files so I can email them to you if you still want them. Would you like me to email the files that you specified earlier?

I also noticed this time that when I shut down, wdisplay.exe was still running. I shut down in this order:

Shut down main weather display application.
Double clicked wunderground live update module and shut it down.
Opened task manager and noticed wdisplay.exe was still active (I did this because I could hear disk activity, and I was curious what it was). I waited about 5 minutes, and when it didn’t clear, I terminated the task and restarted my computer.

When I restarted, weather display automatically started, per my setup, and I checked the event log and noticed the same floating point errors. CWOP test still works.

I just noticed ftp to my website is also not working. Just as with CWOP, it works if I select the tansmit now button from the ftp configuration window.

if you set say the cwop to occur say 1 minute ahead of time…does that one go through?
where is the error occurring?
in wd or in the ftp log?

Are you suggesting I set the cwop time to occur before the website ftp? The ftp log appears to be blank for the time where no data is uploaded – I did not see any errors there. I did see floating point error mentioned in the program event log. These occur once a minute, so that tells me they are unrelated to the CWOP update. I will try to cancel all file generation except for the xml file that is being used by the local community newsletter. Maybe the problem is in generating a GIF file or something.

As last time, things suddenly started working again at some point when I was away from the computer. :?

And now it’s not working again. This is really getting frustrating.

and so is the error back under view, program error log?
what I need is a copy of your datafile (i.e month82006.inf for august) and your settings files, so that i can see if i can duplicate the problem here

OK. It’s working again now, but I saved everything and will send it off after work.

there must be a certain combination of weather data variables and your settings that is causing some math error in the code…
hummm!
if you are able to get a copy of the datafiles and settings files when the error is occuring , to me, then I can try and cuplicate
(note, I am away over the weekend (visting my sisters (her daugthers birthday))