Before buying WXSIM questions

Hej Tom

I have some questions before i decide to purchase WXSIM and WXSIMATE:

1. Is the prise 74,95$ for both programs and custumized to my location?

2. I live in Denmark - is it possible to have the data in Danish terms (ie. celsious instead of fahrenheit)

3. Is it possible to have the textforecast in Danish language? Or can I change that myself in a language file?

4. You write in your webpage, that WXSIMATE only is avaliable direct from you if i purchase the program from www. weathergrahpics.com - what does that mean?

5. Does the customization use metardata or my weather-station data (WS2305 with Weather Dispay) or both?

6. When i purchase - do you need some information from me? ie. location coordinates, weatherstation, nearest metar etc. ?

Thats about all - sorry for all my questions - but hopefully it could be useful for other potention purchasers.

Thanks.

/JWWD

Hi,

Those are good questions. I’ll try to answer them for everybody, right here:

1. Is the prise 74,95$ for both programs and custumized to my location?

$74.95 is just WXSIM itself. WXSIMATE is a separate program, which not everybody needs. Registration for it is $34.95, so to get both, that’s $109.90. The really big customization job is more related to WXSIM, but I do have to generate a code for you to put in WXSIMATE so it can cull through the data it downloads to select the parts you actually need. You can use it for free, but then you have rather big, awkward data files to import. The WD import part is free (it will work in the demo). Basically, WXSIMATE was originally a time-saver, which has grown very useful for WXSIM users. I’d say about 3/4 of my customers get it, either initially, or later.

2. I live in Denmark - is it possible to have the data in Danish terms (ie. celsious instead of fahrenheit)

Yes, you can set all kinds of units (temperature, wind speed, pressure), plus date and time formats. Most of these you just set right there on the main form, using option buttons, and the choices are saved for the next boot-up. Others you set under the Customize menu item.

3. Is it possible to have the textforecast in Danish language? Or can I change that myself in a language file?
I’m sorry I’m not up to that task. :frowning: I got asked the same thing about Spanish, which actually I could probably do, but I think a better choice would be to run it through some on-line translator. The wording could be awkward, but it’s a start!

4. You write in your webpage, that WXSIMATE only is avaliable direct from you if i purchase the program from www. weathergrahpics.com - what does that mean?
Let’s see … when I wrote that, it was true. Tim didn’t have it on his site. Actually, I think he does now, though I haven’t checked lately to see just how you get to it. Come to think of it, it must be there, because he’s sent me a couple orders including it! :slight_smile: So, yes, you should be able to order it, along with WXSIM, through Tim. I still do all the work. He just tells me about it and pays me later.

5. Does the customization use metardata or my weather-station data (WS2305 with Weather Dispay) or both?
Some customers just want the local METAR site, if they’re close to it, because the data is pretty dependable and reliable, and they may not have a home weather station. Most people reading this forum, though, have a station, and most of them want customization specifically for it. What I do then, is that I ALWAYS supplu a METAR ID, if nothing else, as a back-up. However, I customize for the user’s actual location. A common way to use it is to go ahead and import METAR, which fills out the form with that data. Then , you take a good look at it, and then import your own data (using WD or WeatherLink, and WXSIMATE) to overwrite part or all of the METAR data. You might want some parts overwritten and not others, and you have that choice.

6. When i purchase - do you need some information from me? ie. location coordinates, weatherstation, nearest metar etc. ?
Yes. I need exact location and elevation. A description of your surroundings and a picture or description of your weather station set-up are helpful, too. I can pick the METAR site, or you can suggest one. Most users from this forum also send me WD log files (a few months’ worth) for me to analyze, so I can make it as specific to your site as possible. I compare this to, and combine it with, other climate data for your area, to come up with your most likely climatology. I select about 250 other stations for advection purposes, along with three surrounding RAOB sites so you can import upper air data.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you very much for your reply - im sure that your answers can be used from other users in this forum

/JWWD