VPLive and WeatherLink

Is it safe to set both of these program to the same comport? I’ve disabled the APRS in WD and have VPLive send the APRS info instead.

It depends. If you are using VirtualVP, then I think you’d want each weather program pointed to a different virtual com port, and VirtualVP pointed to the console’s com port. If you’re not using VirtualVP, you can point VPLive and WeatherLink to the same com port if you use the feature of VPLive where it periodically (and temporarily) lets go of the com port and then runs WeatherLink just long enough so WeatherLink can download archived data from the console and update the WeatherLink archive file. If I’ve misunderstood your question, give me more detail on what your configuration is.

Steve

Using VirtualVP at the moment from hardware COM1, WD is dedicated on VirtualVP1, VPLive (want to run this full time) on VirtualVP2.

WeatherLink is using the Windows task scheduler every 8 hours just to update the WeatherLink archive via command line prompt. So utilizing the same port (VPLive & WeatherLink) would essentially be OK since WeatherLink was just collecting data only and exiting out anyways.

Playing with VWS on VirtualVP3 at the moment which came with the Weather Station hardware.

Q:
is there something wrong with using WD to send the aprs info?
if so, what?

Figured out my problem here, just had to stagger the weather data uploads here some. For APRS, Weatherground, and AnythingWeather data uploads were set for the same time(s). Just delayed the AnythingWeather upload for a few minutes later. Changed page update/upload times from 15 minutes to 10 bottlenecked the uploads some.

Any luck with the CWOP VP altimeter buffering upon restart of WD? Keep getting negative spikes when restarting WD here. You can see what I mean @ http://southerin-ny.org/wx6.html#72 , I just go back and correct the graph data manually.

Zalmor,

I had that same issue when I had the box ticked to show altimeter pressure on WD. I just unticked it but I am still sending altimeter readings to CWOP. I don’t think there was a fix for that, I could be wrong though.

Chuck

ah, yes, sometime it pays to spread some of the uploads out a bit…so they dont tread on each others toes…

for the altimeter data from data exctration problem…i need to work on a fix for that (i.e use the last known difference and apply that to the downloaded data)
let me add that to my list of things to do!