WXSimate crashing getting local data from WD

Tom I have a problem this morning where wxsimate crashed every time I tried to get data from weather display with the attached error. I copied the error details into a text file which is attached as well.

Stuart

wxsim1.jpg

wxsim1.txt (2.92 KB)

maybe a change of month problem, i.e wd log file now started new, no data in it, new log filename, etc etc

I’ve experienced the exact same error. It seems to read the data, but crashes when the progress meter reaches the end. Probably something to do with the change of month and WxSimate looking for past data. - Jim

I tried importing data both via the ‘Import Local Data’ in WXSIM and the ‘Import Data’ button in WXSIMATE and have no problems. Eight hours of data for me.

Last night Brian posted this message:

I wasn’t quite sure what he meant but… I downloaded the latest version of WD (10.35n) and then the above zip file and installed the exe from it. Maybe that was the difference?

–Dave

Hi everybody,

I have managed to reproduce the error here, and am looking into it. It’s probably something in my code about how it decides what date to look for. Somehow, it’s looking for month 0 and day 0! I think I can figure it out.

Meanwhile, it looks from my testing like it will magically start working again tomorrow - in case I don’t have a fix by then!

There could indeed be an issue with some users on the reset time. I certainly suggest midnight to midnight, though I understand there are other options. I’m not sure yet if that has anything to do with the current problem, but I’m checking…

Tom

see, its not just me that struggles with months changing in the code :slight_smile:
its not as easy as it sounds sometimes :wink:

I totally agree and actually had that same thought this morning. :smiley:

Tom quite correct, it works fine today. I use a midnight reset in case it matters. So now you have a month to fix it :wink:

Stuart

And fine here too! - Jim