Error when starting WXSIMATE

Hi

I get an error when i start and close WXSIMAT (see attached pic) and this error text:

[color=red][font=Verdana]Se slutningen af denne meddelelse, hvis du vil have detaljer om,
hvordan du starter JIT-fejlfinding i stedet for denne dialogboks.

************** Undtagelsestekst **************
System.ArgumentException: De oplysninger om valutaseparator, der er angivet i NumberFormatInfo, er tvetydige ved parsing.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.Parse(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType.FromString(String Value)
at wxsimate.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Indl

error-wxsimate.JPG

Hi,

I can’t quite tell what’s going on there (language problem). I do see something that looks like it might be referring to an error parsing a value separator. It seems to be happening during the early loading phase of the program. Could you perhaps translate that first part?

If that’s the case, I wonder if there is an issue with the regional settings in Windows. This is the first time I’ve seen this error, as far as I can tell, and it has been run in a lot of different countries, but it’s still possible this could be the problem.

By the way, are WXSIM and WXSIMATE installed as the demo versions, using www.wxsimdem.exe and wmatedem.exe as the installers? Did this happen the first time you tried it?

Thanks, and I’ll do my best to figure this out and correct it.

Tom

Hi
Thanks for your reply - i have tried to translate the error from Danish to English.

And yes i have installed the demo-versions of both programs. And the error did happen first time i runned the program.

By the way - what about my question - could that have something to do with the error?
When I try to import data from WD - i change the local station to WD and type the path to WD logfiles in “local station data directory” and press “Import Data”.
Then something happens - because my CPU works very hard. But i cant see any data is stored in the vwsim folder. If I close WXSIMATE and starts WXSIM and import local data - it says “File localdat.txt not found. This feuture requires output from the WXSIMATE program”.

Translation from Danish to English:
First the dialog box:
[color=red]There was an non-runned exception in the program. If you click continue the program will ignore the error and try to contiunue. If you click on end, the program will be closed down at once.

The information about the currency seperator, that are chosen in the NumberFormatInfo are ambiguous (equivoca) by parsing[/color].

Then the information in the detail section of the dialogbox:
[color=red]Look at the end of this information, if you want detail about how you start JIT error finding instead of this dialogbox.

************** Exceptiontext **************
System.ArgumentException: The information about currencyseperator, that is specified in NumberFormatInfo, are ambiguous (equivoca) by parsing.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.DoubleType.Parse(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.IntegerType.FromString(String Value)
at wxsimate.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assemblyversion: 1.0.5000.0
Win32-version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll

wxsimate
Assemblyversion: 1.0.2396.28161
Win32-version: 1.0.2396.28161
CodeBase: file:///C:/wxsim/wxsimate.exe

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll

System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll

System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assemblyversion: 7.0.5000.0
Win32-version: 7.10.6001.4
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.visualbasic/7.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/microsoft.visualbasic.dll

mscorlib.resources
Win32-version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/mscorlib.resources/1.0.5000.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources
Win32-version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms.resources/1.0.5000.0_da_b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.resources.dll

************** JIT-error finding **************
If you want to activate JIT-error finding, then you have to set the jitDebugging value
in the section system.windows.forms in the configuration file
for the program or your computer.
The program shoud also be compiles with errorfinding activiated.

Excampel:

When JIT-error finding are activated, will all non-runned exceptions be sent to the JIT-error finding function, that will be registred on your computer,
instead of beeing runned in this dialogbox.[/color]

Thanks for the translation. That’s very helpful!

It does sound like a regional settings type issue (since it mentions the currency separator), but I just switched to Danish settings here on my computer, and WXSIMATE booted up fine and also properly imported WD data. So, at this point I still don’t know what’s going on! :frowning:

I just emailed a Danish customer of mine, though, and asked if it was working OK for him. I haven’t heard back yet, since it’s the middle of the night over there, but I am trying to figure this out.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi

Now that I think about it - i might have a problem with my computer. After i formatted it - i had some problems in Excel - where the decimal seperator was . and not , here in Denmark we uses , (comma) as decimal seperator.

Today I was running another program where i can type in some numbers - and here i cant use , (comma) as a decmial seperator - i have to use . and that have i never should do before.

I have looked at the general windows settings in the controlpanel and here its , (comma) that is the default.

Hi again

I have now solved my problem. I have changed my regional number settings in Windows - and after I did that it all seems to work. (I had a . (end) as decimal and I changed that to a , (comma).

I can now import logfiles from WD and import it to the wxsim program - now i just have to play a little with it and see how i can get a forecast out of it.

Thanks for all your help - i hope you can use my information to others who might get this problem.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m glad it wasn’t WXSIMATE’s fault. :slight_smile:

I also had heard back from the other Danish user, and he had opened the program with no problems.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Tom

Youre welcome.

I will now try to learn a little about your program - it looks like it can do a lot of different things - and hopefully some good forecasts.

When i uses the demo - can I only make forecasts for Atlanta or can i type in my location and use my WD data for a forecast in my area?

If I might interject here…what you pay Tom for really when you register is the very hard work he does in customising the program for you actual location. You could have a go at this yourself but I think you will find that hard going - I know I would :wink: By all means have a go…

The accuracy of my forecasts now using all Tom’s hard work in customising for my location is starting to pay off. Even with the customisation there is a huge amount to learn and I am only scratching the surface. My forecasts now sometimes actually compare better to what really happens here than our own Met Office :wink:

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I know I pay Tom for a hard work setting up the program for my location. But I wanna play around a little before I buy the program. I think im becomming more and more a weather-nerd - great isn