Which Webcam

Okay I have spent forever searching for a suitable webcam but I am stuck.

Currently this is the best I can do with a cheap webcam - http://www.ruthinweather.co.uk/webcam.php

I want to purchase a good webcam, it will sit on my window sil and look out into the distance like the current one.

Advice on what is the best webcam would be great, I do not want a CCTV setup etc it must be a webcam that plugs into a USB socket.

Links to webcams currently in use would be great.

So please help? :smiley:

Hi

Welcome to visit my webcam-site.
Webcams i have is : Philips toucam pro, as inside cam, and outside is Logitech Quick Cam Pro 4000. Those webcams are not so expensive, but the quality is not so bad. :slight_smile: You can find links to other webcam-sites,
on my site. Where you can find more info over suitable webcams.

http://www.belcak.com/livewebcam
After a lot of patience looking on eBay, I found 2 relatively new JVC security camera with Ademco 5 to 50MM lens. Cost for the camera and lens was about $65. I’m happy with the image quality. I feed composite video to an ATI card in the computer and I use webcamxp. As u can see from my image I have to look thru the trees to see the water so I have some back light problems. My next step is to mount the camera outside on my ISS support. I’m hoping to get a better view to the water. So far this scheme has worked well for me. You just have to be patient and keep looking for the right camera.
Good luck with your search.
Steve

You are welcome to play with my webcam and see what you think. It is mounted outdoors in a dome. The camera is a Canon VB-C50iR.

You didn’t mention how much you wanted to spend??

8O Was not planning on re-mortgaging the house. :smiley: Amazing set up though! :smiley:

wow dan, thats a great web cam setup :slight_smile:

i am going to look at connecting out old handycam (which is now broke (13 years old, no parts), to my TV capture card and mount that…will give a much better picture…but I will have to have it powered…

Well you did say you wanted a good webcam :slight_smile:

I think for the money the Logitech Pro-4000 is a decent webcam. They are usually available in the sub-$100US price range.

Think I am going to go for the Logitech Pro 5000 and at

Yes, it looks like they made some improvments with the low-light capability. Let us know when you get it online I would like to see the image quality.

No Problem, I ordered it yesterday(19/07) so hopefully get it early next week, will post back when its online. :smiley:

The Pro 5000 is up and running, still some tweaking to do, but this camera is very good, no excellent in fact.

Check it out - http://www.ruthinweather.co.uk/webcam.php

Just took a look, its 22:25 your time and the night image I can see clouds, looks nice. I will try to connect later when it’s daylight over there.

Right needs some adjustment, a little dark at the moment, will increase the brightness this evening. :smiley:

Looks good! Which direction is it pointing?

hummmm there is another UK weather site i get a connection refused from (might be the same server as the last one i had trouble with)

[quote author=nikoshepherd