Avast, direction.inf

I have been running WD 10.30.u for at least 6 months now along with Avast antivirus (free home). About a week ago my station stopped reporting and the problem was that Avast said it found a Malware/virus in the wdsplay/datafiles/direction.inf. I sent it off to the Avast holding Chest and I guess WD created another and all seem good. Then a day or so ago the same Problem occured but with wdsplay/datafiles/direction2.inf. I did the same thing I did before and all seemed OK - and again it seems that WD created a new direction2.inf

Question(s) False Positive??? — What does the direction.inf do and when deleted is it created again by WD, (hopefully it is a WD file??)

I am saying a False Positive by Avast because WD is on a dedicated machine and nothing has been downloaded or executed on it except antivirus updates and windows updates.

Any thoughts would be helpful to me

Thanks

yamiacaveman

I would see if you can exclude /wdisplay from your virus scans… We recently had a problem with AVG suddenly deciding that a file in WD was infected, after a windows update on XP machines, that was also a false positive…

-Bob