Not a bug at all , just a good old compliment

Hi guys ( and gals ) ,

I thought it woukd be prudent to make Brian another compliment on the bugs-forum ,here’s why :wink: : I just re-installed Ram-idle pro on my computer after purchasing and installing a new harddisk and , just for the fun of it , wanted to know how much CPU Weatherdisplay actually uses :slight_smile:

Well , after starting WD , the total CPU - usage for just an instance is 5 %, and then it drops to a stunningly small amount of 2 % and stays there :!:

Now this, I think , deserves a very big compliment…I’ve seen a lot of programs which are absolutely useless in most respects absolutely and totally clog my system and here’s this program that actually reads my weatherstation-data , logs it and puts it all into a nifty graphical display and it does this on 2% of the cpu !!So , Brian , I know we’re sometimes " bugging" you with all kinds of little ( and granted sometimes not so little ) flaws , but this new piece of info ( new to me at least ) puts WD at the top of my list…

btw , I’m running WD on 1.4 ghz P4 with 256 MB ram , 120 Gb harddisk and OS windows 2000…

Of course when you let WD make a dial-up connection the cpu-usage shoots off the scale , but that’s always the case with an internet-connection ( anyone know why the h**l that is ?? )

:wink:

Great work Brian! I too am amazed with how WD keeps chugging along while I’m abusing this PC with other more demanding programs. Lately it has been awesome.

thanks guys
if you have voice, web cam capture, web cam pictures from during day, and all those sorts of extra goodies enabled, then WD does use a fair bit of memory though (35 to 55 GB) , compared to 15g bare minmum setup…
windows 2000 handles this great (and would XP), but windows 95/98 is not very good at juggling memory to various progams very well
and the system can get bogged down on win 95/98 if you do not have much memory on your pc…
so i recommend windows 2000 or xp to every win95/98 user :slight_smile:
(windows 2000 has a strange quirk with programs flashing in the task bar and or becoming window ontop/focus at times…