WS500, Ws777 and Weather Display

Does anybody know these stations and are they perhaps supported by Weather Display?

best regards

Walter

Well Brian should be able to tell you after he looks (and reads which i can’t) this page :wink:
http://www.elv.de/Main.asp?Menue=Shop&Artikel=662-96&Gruppe=KW-WS&Stufe=2&SessionId=00226753870874828517

Appears to be available in German only?

-Bob

But no possibility for support?

Walter

the WS5000 is supported, if that helps at all

Hi
i have a ELV WS500 here now
which runs with the prosege SQL
and so I will need to interface with that database…
all the intructions are in German, so you will have to guide me!
first problem is, I cant get any data from the outdoor sensors…batteries are inserted…there must be something I am missing!

Sorry, my English is bad!
Configure the display: Pressure “CFG”, then sensor = Enter. Afterwards sensor NO press 9 = ADDS. Now the display looks for the external sensors and you get the data after some time.

horray!
thankyou!
following those steps exactly, although I am sure I had done that before (i could see about sensor 9 in the manual) worked…I think the trick was to not touch anything once it said sensor 9 sync, after clicking on add

or was it that i did that after doing a cleaning routine…which i found after clicking on the cfg

now, next challenge is to find the prostege mysql data fiile…and find out the table structure, etc

Hi!

What do you exactly need?
At least the demination of the tables/columns is in English :wink:

If you open PGAdmin you are asked for your password, after you login you are connected to the database elvws500 with 26 tables.

The tables with outside_* are from the KS 500 (temp and humidity), the inside_* from the WS 500.
Then there are the tables for the optional 8 external sensors.

The data is very easy to read, just the data of sunshine and rainfall is different because the data is based on counters, e.g. if the sunshine counteramout is increased by 3 it means 3 minute of sunshine, analogous to rainfall.

For further questions please contact me at [email protected]!

Best regards,
G

Hi
i did see that admin program…but I do not know the password , LOL (cant read that info in the manual)
can you PM or email me that? (the default one)
then I know will have to try and set to use and connect to that sql data base…
where (what directory) is the elvws500 data base stored?

thanks for the help guys, hopefully soon i will be able to support this station
(looks like a nice station, but data only updating every 5 minutes is the downside). Is sunshine hours an optional extra?

Hi!

You find the default passwort in the manual on your installation CD:

\postgresql\DokuPostgreSQL_manual.pdf (page 5)

If you can’t find it I can mail it :wink:

Hi all, done a search of this model on the net but to no avail. does anyone know who produces these or the manafacture, looing at importing a few to trail out.

Craig
http://www.scientificsales.co.nz

Looking at the UK Weather Shop they have similar weather stations called weather willie and I think they might be by Technoline.

Stuart

This station is the bigger brother of weather Willy (WS300) and is sold for example in Germany by ELV and Conrad Electronics.

httP://www.elv.de

best regards

Walter

Good news
i now have WD working with the WS500 :slight_smile: (I have one here)
thanks to much help from Stefan Ney, in Germany.
download a new 10.35r full install (full install needed to get 2 dll files needed)
and then just tick that station type in the weather station type setup
and then every 5 minutes it should get data
(make sure weather professional not running at the same time)
i still need to do more work, like enable offsets that are set in WD
and extra temp/hum sensors
(note, set starting rain in the barometer offset/rain
fall setup
and also set starting sun shine totals under view, sun shine
hours…(this is woring too :slight_smile: )

i need to add support for the ws300, its slight different, i will do that tomorrow

note, its beta stage for this station, but its running here OK :slight_smile:
this has been alot of work and taken alot of my spare time

next station to work on is the Oregan Scientific WMR100 (updates fast, its a nice station (but i dont like the way they have batteries in a very non water/moisture proof case under the windspeed)

i have it confirmed by a ws500 owner that its working (latest 10.35r full install) :wink:

latest 10.35r update, now it gets missed logged data at start up :slight_smile:
everything else working great
next to work on is plotting the sunshine hours…as solar…

Hi Brian,
If it can read the datalogger of the WS 500/777 too, then you did win the race against PC-Wetterstation / WsWin

best regards

Walter

i am not in any competition or race with that author or software
if people like WD and use it, then great!
if they dont, then thats OK too
I just want people to use WD they like it :slight_smile:

The new version works well. Something is however not correct: The air pressure is wrongly indicated.

Hi
WD uses the absolute pressure in the statoin
so you need to apply an offset, thats needed, in WD, under control panel, barometer offset/offsets and rainfall setup :wink: