What is this Now?

can’t access metars iFeb 23, 2003 - 11:25 PM EST / 2003.02.24 0425 UTC
Wind: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 12 MPH (10 KT) gusting to 20 MPH (17 KT) (direction variable):0
Visibility: 7 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: overcast
Temperature: 14 F (-10 C)
Windchill: 0 F (-18 C):1
Dew Point: 6 F (-14 C)
Relative Humidity: 72%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.24 in. Hg (1024 hPa)
ob: KIKV 240425Z AUTO 34010G17KT 350V040 7SM BKN012 BKN020 OVC044 M10/M14 A3024 RMK AO2
cycle: 4

and today this stuff???

403 Forbidden

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pub/data/observations/metar/decoded/KIKV.TXT on this server.

n 560a??????

I am getting refused to look at the NOAA weather forecast. Not authorized to see that page. NOAA must have made a mistake.

same here.

AND if I go look at other pages in the noaa I am getting access denied.
I wonder if this is temporary or something else.

I am going to email my local office and see what is up.

It’s fine on this end.

http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/decoded/KHSV.TXT
Download complete
Finished downloading metars

I think it was NOAA. I ftp’d directly into them and if you got down to the State level, the only folder in there was NC. I’m now getting my updates as they must’ve fixed it now as I was getting the same error.

the noaa. I am not certain what they were doing, but about mid morning things came back on line.

I receieved this today:
Joseph,

I’m not sure what ftp site you are using to ftp the data. Please provide me the URL and I might be able to help you some more. I suspect it’s in Wash. D.C., which if that’s the case I have no control over it since I’m in Des Moines. I do know a T1 line was down in the DC area over the last 24 hours or so, so maybe that was the cause of your problem.

Of course, Washington