VPLive 1.1.2 Release (has important bug fix)

I just put VPLive version 1.1.2 on the website http://www.softwx.com/weather/software.html

I recommend you download and use this version. It contains an important fix of a bug that could at some point cause VPLive to send incorrect rain data to CWOP. Here are the changes new to v.1.1.2:

Fixed bug that was not discarding console data that failed the CRC check (this could cause the rain data sent to CWOP to become erroneous).
Fixed bug that displayed wrong elevation in the Station Info screen (this was a display error - it did not affect the altimeter calculations).
Improved restoring of main window size/position if window is maximized when closed.
Increased the precision of the reception percentages displayed in the Reception Info window.

Steve

Steve,

I just noticed that on the reception info window the past 2 minute is stuck at 98.7%. I tried restarting and still stuck. I am using the lates version.

Chuck

Also the APRS Light is always staying on. Is it supposed to be like that or just when you upload to APRS.

I inadvertantly left in a line of debug code. I’ll post a version with a fix for that tonight or tomorrow morning. It only affects the 2 minute reception percentage display in the Reception Info window. It doesn’t affect the “since midnight” value, nor does it affect the 2 minute reception field on the main screen.

Steve

I inadvertantly left in a line of debug code
glad I am not the only one who does that! :wink: #-o :D

I’ve just posted an updated version of 1.1.2 (build 11) that has the line of test code removed so the 2 minute reception value in the Reception Info dialog can now display the correct value.

chuck, it looks like its the setting the time on the console daily at 6:10am by WD that is resetting the console diagonostics
(from an email you sent me (by mistake, which contained a bit more information needed))
try stopping wd setting the time on the console (in the data logger setup), to prove that

and then you might start believing me in what i try to tell you instead of arguing with me at every corner (and emailing and PMing people to try and get people on your side)

I did what you told me. I will see tomorrow morning to see what happens. It’s funny that it just started about a week ago. It never had any problems before that.

Chuck

The console diagnostics did not reset this morning. So far so good. Thanks Brian.

Chuck

maybe it was a firmware update that now causes the time set on the console from software to reset the diagnostics if it was not doing it before…but maybe you did not have the time reset going before (and there was a series of versions of WD where that was not working (but that was a few months ago now))

Brian,

I have had that set for at least 5 or 6 months if not more. I still have not updated my Davis. I have no reasons to upgrade everything works fine right now. I will let it run again tonight and see what it does in the morning.

Chuck